Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Black--Snow wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:46 pm
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:36 pm
Doooo it! I'm gonna' keep chipping away at those particle beams, they need more ooomf :twisted:

Heheh, well, I could've tried to do the silhouettes, but I suspect my stick people would've been awful. so I pilfered them via the infernal power of Google Images :twisted:
On another note, do you know if there's an easier way to make clones or 'clouds' of ships without duplicating and making a big old mess?

I wanted procedurally placed fighters but especially with their particle system I think that's not possible.
Vue's got its mighty Ecosystem/Ecopainter feature which is good for that sort of thing. I use it to generate cities and forests. But Blender? No idea, alas :squirrel:

Black, these are some mighty engine glows that make me pale from jalousy.
The shape is cool, did you have any function in mind for the « transparent circle »?

My only advice would be to add more complexity to the texture, bt how to do it in Blender??? In vue quite easy...

Talv: I am working on cityscapes right now, as an idea. But random is good for me, and weapon will probable look like a death star ;) (see my entry for beauty).
PS: we can keep the capital ship thread open inthe archived LTFC if someone wants later to add a creation...

CSE wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:19 pm
Black, these are some mighty engine glows that make me pale from jalousy.
The shape is cool, did you have any function in mind for the « transparent circle »?

My only advice would be to add more complexity to the texture, bt how to do it in Blender??? In vue quite easy...

Talv: I am working on cityscapes right now, as an idea. But random is good for me, and weapon will probable look like a death star ;) (see my entry for beauty).
PS: we can keep the capital ship thread open inthe archived LTFC if someone wants later to add a creation...
Texturing has always been quite difficult. I'll probably opt for more geometric complexity rather than texture complexity.

The circle was initially the docking zone for fighters but that has since been moved to the sides. I was considering a function and currently my ideas range from atmospheric vehicle storage (Which I think is a little odd on a warship like this) to some kind of energy weapon.

Open to suggestions for that. :P
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Hmm, cityscapes and weapons... Sounds good. :thumbup: Not sure which one to choose. If only there was a clever way to get both at once... I'll think about it for a bit. For now, the previous thread will be moved. I'm really sorry for not managing to get to this sooner, guys! Things have gotten hectic IRL. Will get it taken care of later today. I have some other things I still need to do first.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Hmm, cityscapes and weapons... Sounds good. :thumbup: Not sure which one to choose. If only there was a clever way to get both at once... I'll think about it for a bit. For now, the previous thread will be moved. I'm really sorry for not managing to get to this sooner, guys! Things have gotten hectic IRL. Will get it taken care of later today. I have some other things I still need to do first.
Planetary installations?
:V
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Talvieno wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Don’t worry, I think one quality shared by all forum contributors is - thanks to soontm - patience :mrgreen:

Both weapons and cityscapes? Urban warfare? Difficult...

I put up the thread (eesh, a bit late! Hopefully nobody completed something in the meantime :oops: )! I also put up the poll that we discussed! Winner gets a $30 voucher. (This also means, technically, you can make multiple entries and if you have the most points spread across them, you get a voucher. :D )

Very tangentially related to Limit Theory (by virtue of being a part of REKT):
Spoiler:      SHOW
The gravity gun! :D A work in progress image. Still need to finish the front part, add screws and paneling, add proper materials/textures, proper lighting, etc. But it's getting there. :D

edit:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

*pokes* It's not often that this thread goes silent for two weeks. :) Anybody working on anything?

edit: ...also, it seems my thoughts on HS's last entry didn't post?? :wtf: Hold on a bit, HowSerendipitous, I'll get that rewritten... unless I find it before then, but I looked through the thread twice and I don't see it...

Talvieno wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:33 pm
*pokes* It's not often that this thread goes silent for two weeks. :) Anybody working on anything?

edit: ...also, it seems my thoughts on HS's last entry didn't post?? :wtf: Hold on a bit, HowSerendipitous, I'll get that rewritten... unless I find it before then, but I looked through the thread twice and I don't see it...
Yes, working on somthing. But quite hectic right now IRL with trips and lot’s to do, so probably will aim for somewhat lower standards...

Hi guys.

Does somebody happen to have the high definition movies that Josh did?
For this month's LTFC I am looking for a screenshot of the Update #14 at round 4:46. If somebody can organise it, it would be nice.

Here a low quality of the picture I mean (does not need to be at the same frame exactly :)):

and it does definitely not need to have the youtube controls on it ;)

Thanks
:wave:

CSE wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:39 pm
Hi guys.

Does somebody happen to have the high definition movies that Josh did?
For this month's LTFC I am looking for a screenshot of the Update #14 at round 4:46. If somebody can organise it, it would be nice.

Here a low quality of the picture I mean (does not need to be at the same frame exactly :)):

and it does definitely not need to have the youtube controls on it ;)

Thanks
:wave:

Remind me at ~1800GMT, when im hopefully back home from work :D

Online Now