Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Whoa :-o

Haha, well it turns out I already own Burnout Paradise, Reassembly and Titan Quest, and I suspect I'd never play Natural Selection 2 because it would mean playing against other people..... :twisted: So I pass on ze prizes this month. :squirrel:

And, as always... Feedback on the judges comments.
A new bar is set.
Does that mean I have to better this one? :twisted:
Wow! Really nice! Ships don't really look civilian, though, so they might have lower level of luxury than the ad wants us to believe :D
I was pondering that.... I'd already envisioned the Windrider as a shuttle designed to have modular components at the cost of performance (that's why Commander Strauss hates them so much). It'd be easy enough to militarise them, just switch out various bits and bobs and fill the passenger section with weaponry. Similarly, the Aurora already has military grade shielding, some weaponry for point defense (and the associated electronics) and some heavy duty communications gear. The biosphere section and the passenger cabins could be replaced, and of course there'd be all sorts of things such as bars that could be ripped out too. It'd be extensive work, but it'd be a workable cruiser.

Hm, food for thought..... :twisted:
Well assembled! I think my favorite part was probably the "integrated biosphere"; not something people normally remember when they think about ships. At any rate, the biggest thing I think you could improve would be the animations, but I think you know that already. ;)
Thanks :squirrel: Originally, at the end the shuttle was going to fly on a more elaborate course but it was comically janky. So I redid it and kept is simple.

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am
I think CSE gets to pick first anyway :ghost:
Indeed :mrgreen:

And I am in a totally different situation. I own none of the game, but two of them are Win only, thus do not pass my acceptability filters.
The last one "Reassembly" seems mac-compatible and interesting, so that would be my pick!

Thanks to Talv and the judges!
(Don't forget to send me you bank coordinates for next month's bribe)

CSE wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am
I think CSE gets to pick first anyway :ghost:
Indeed :mrgreen:

And I am in a totally different situation. I own none of the game, but two of them are Win only, thus do not pass my acceptability filters.
The last one "Reassembly" seems mac-compatible and interesting, so that would be my pick!

Thanks to Talv and the judges!
(Don't forget to send me you bank coordinates for next month's bribe)
You, sir, have made a good choice :twisted:

Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm
The results for April are up!!! Congratulations to the winners! :) Prizes will now be distributed in this thread as per usual. HowSerendipitous is up first, with a choice between Titan Quest Gold, Reassembly (which he already has for sure), Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, and Natural Selection 2.

Thank you to everyone that submitted entries, and thank you to the other two judges! :D The LTFC is only possible to maintain because of all you wonderful people!
And I thought I had a really good entry. :(
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Actually some sort of polygon economy would be good - I am probably very wasteful.
Because of this, my computer really has problems movie, rotating, scaling the models (the "poser" does not use the multiple processors and this is really the limiting factor qute often. Then a render taking few hours is ok, because you are not waiting in from of the machine).

Online Now