Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Katorone wrote:I agree with that on a basic level. But that would mean that his work would be scored on 100 points less than the work of others... which has implications because of maths.
You could propose to ask for a replacement jury's vote... But then this person's voting wouldn't be consistent with the other votes. So all in all I thought it was easier/better to have jury members not being able to take part.
I'm not sure exactly what system you have cooked up but I feel confident in saying 100 points less than the possible total is still more than 0.
That aside, if the number of judges looking at a piece changes the value of it I'm immediately skeptical about your scoring system.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

You just say 3 people will judge based on certain %'s
Given that the 100 you mentioned before isn't a % then there's more to it.

Going by that though if you get 4 judges then any judge could submit a work as well since you could exclude the maker from judging that piece without issue.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

The contest will be open to new submissions until Sunday 2014/08/10, 23:59 GMT+2 (CET).
Looks like I won't be able to get my submission in on time. :(
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Katawa wrote:You just say 3 people will judge based on certain %'s
Given that the 100 you mentioned before isn't a % then there's more to it.

Going by that though if you get 4 judges then any judge could submit a work as well since you could exclude the maker from judging that piece without issue.
If you make a sum of each percentage, you should come to a 100, which are the amount of points/percents a judge can give. Divided over each category individually.
If you make a sum of the scores of each judge, you come to a total over 300 points.

We could have four judges, but that would mean all of them /have/ to submit a work... In which case you wouldn't need a fourth judge anyway. Or some works would have their score on a base 400 instead of 300, and it would still not make for uniform voting behaviour. You could add even more judges, eventually ending up with a poll instead. But if I thought that would be a good idea, we'd have a poll already.

There are plenty of people out there who have all three games already and would like to jury. Perhaps they'd still even submit their own work, just to up the ante, even if it can't contend.
Idunno wrote:
The contest will be open to new submissions until Sunday 2014/08/10, 23:59 GMT+2 (CET).
Looks like I won't be able to get my submission in on time. :(
Aww, that's too bad. :(
I didn't want to drag out the contest too long. A little over two weeks seemed fine. Sorry!
Slymodi wrote:A post is incoming, don't know when, but by the deadline :?
EDIT::Also can you define "Xfactor"

~Sly
Sorry, I can't really... It's that "je ne sais quoi" that makes something special.
For me, it's about feeling something. For others it might be something else... If a piece of work could have charisma, I'd compare it to that.
Last edited by Katorone on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now