Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

CSE wrote:Congrats Dino and the other winners! Nicely done!
:clap:

PS: as a renderer, as was partial for HS. How did you do to "cut" your spaceship model for making the derelict? Did you re-model it part-by-part?
Egads, no, that'd be far too much hassle!

It's easy peasy to do in Wings3D.... Steps as follows :twisted:

1. Create your model as it would be if it wasn't trashed :twisted: . I had a partially finished cruiser that I didn't particularly like, so I tweaked it a bit. Did the whole thing in Wings3D, of course.
2. To chop it up into sections, make liberal use of the extract function. In the case of The Skiron Find, I first selected the front section by faces, then extracted it on the Y axis by.... 4 or so units. Then I did the same with the middle of the ship, then the same again with the aft section.
3. If you judge it right, they should more or less fit together - any squiffy bits you can hide with rock formations and the like. The ship I was using was pretty simple so the deformed bits were kept to a minimum.

4. Once it's in bits and you've imported it into Vue you can move the individual sections around as required. :squirrel:

As a bonus, when extracting the original model is unaffected. Sure, if you've already textured it in Vue then you'd have to retexture it, but it beats remodelling the entire thing.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:i have no name for it, maybe i find one in the month of time i have left :lol:

Its also not written in any special form i know of, i just wrote how it came to my mind
Really interesting. I like how it starts and ends with the same sentence. :D

Edit: Damn! It's difficult to write in English. I don't have a problem with normal communications, but this is something different. Hope you guys like it. :)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Dinosawer wrote:*awakes with a start*
Eh? Oh? Oh!
I would like to thank my mom, and my mom, and Krita, and...
:ghost:
TLDR perspective is hard
:mrgreen:

Anyway, I think I'll go with
nanananananananana
BATMAN
All right, awesome! Congrats on your prize! :thumbup: I'll message you with details.

HowSerendipitous is next, with a choice between Darksiders, Natural Selection 2, and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.
Have a question? Send me a PM!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote: Edit: Damn! It's difficult to write in English. I don't have a problem with normal communications, but this is something different. Hope you guys like it. :)
Hah, now that i've read yours as well i enjoy that our stories fit perfectly after each other :D
Yeah, right? :D

Did you like it? Was it good? :shifty:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:*awakes with a start*
Eh? Oh? Oh!
I would like to thank my mom, and my mom, and Krita, and...
:ghost:
TLDR perspective is hard
:mrgreen:

Anyway, I think I'll go with
nanananananananana
BATMAN
All right, awesome! Congrats on your prize! :thumbup: I'll message you with details.

HowSerendipitous is next, with a choice between Darksiders, Natural Selection 2, and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.
Could I have Loverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs in a Dangerous Spacetime, please? :squirrel:

Work has commenced on the next entry. I just hope I have enough time for this one :twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
CSE wrote:Congrats Dino and the other winners! Nicely done!
:clap:

PS: as a renderer, as was partial for HS. How did you do to "cut" your spaceship model for making the derelict? Did you re-model it part-by-part?
Lot's of interesting stuff.
Thanks for taking the time to explain. Will try soonish ;)

(Beginning to think on how to put a derelict ship in a "travel" topic :problem: )

Important things first, congratulations towards the winners :clap: :D

Sadly I wasn't able to finish my project for the last LTFC, I was hold back by things like life and stuff, absolutely horrible!
I did manage to complete the instrumental part, though, so thank you all for giving me inspiration ;)
If you are interested, you can listen to it here.
It's a fast chiptune metal song, so no bagpipes this time.

Oh, and it seems that someone actually liked a song I made. Thank you very much for giving me the second place!

Online Now