Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Lum wrote:Indeed... :ghost: It's just because of that that we should always wait for him (or his computer, whatever is the limiting factor in the obtained results :ghost: ). Winning is for losers. To fight for second place. That's for men! :twisted:
Well, after reading your story, I knew it was already fighting for second.
...and I am still hoping, not because I don't like HS-movie, but because I still cannot watch it. It stays "not available" both within a browser and within the youtube app :evil: anybody else has a problem?

[edit]it works on my other computer. Strange. :cry: third place indeed :clap: [/edit]

CSE wrote:
Lum wrote:Indeed... :ghost: It's just because of that that we should always wait for him (or his computer, whatever is the limiting factor in the obtained results :ghost: ). Winning is for losers. To fight for second place. That's for men! :twisted:
...and I am still hoping, not because I don't like HS-movie, but because I still cannot watch it. It stays "not available" both within a browser and within the youtube app :evil: anybody else has a problem?

[edit]it works on my other computer. Strange. :cry: third place indeed :clap: [/edit]
Thank you, CSE. The compliment is really appreciated. I'm happy that I finally had the time and the inspiration to put together something in the first place :D

You should be proud of your entry. The level of detail is fantastic! :clap:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

CSE wrote:

Hmmm, that's very strange. I had a look at all the settings and stuff, but nothing seems to point at why it doesn't work :| Maybe there's a secret 'Don't let CSE watch this!' button :twisted:

Still, it was fun to make, thanks for all the compliments. I've got an idea for the next entry, but it all depends on what the subject is! :squirrel:

Lum wrote:...

Thank you, CSE. The compliment is really appreciated. I'm happy that I finally had the time and the inspiration to put together something in the first place :D

Never accuse me a false modesty :mrgreen:
Spoiler:      SHOW
I am actually quite happy on my own learning curve - the spaceship is an achievement technically for me. BUT I still have a lot to master - like the accurate positioning of textures (look at the ordered windows in the dark parts of the ship of HS - I could not do that yet). And honestly this month the storytelling does not flow naturally with a progression and an nice chute that is visually obvious and striking :cry:
Nice drawing, Dino!

CSE wrote:
Lum wrote:...

Never accuse me a false modesty :mrgreen:
Spoiler:      SHOW
I am actually quite happy on my own learning curve - the spaceship is an achievement technically for me. BUT I still have a lot to master - like the accurate positioning of textures (look at the ordered windows in the dark parts of the ship of HS - I could not do that yet). And honestly this month the storytelling does not flow naturally with a progression and an nice chute that is visually obvious and striking :cry:
Nice drawing, Dino!
I'll let you into a little secret..... I didn't know how to do it either until a couple o' weeks ago :twisted:

Remember the early version of the Aurora (I didn't decide on the name until about 5 minutes before I pressed the render button) I posted up? Well here's the more or less finalised one. The black bits are where I added the lights.

I inset the area where I wanted the lights, then used the extrude function and pushed them inwards. Then I used extract to create a separate plane from the extruded bits which would count as another object.... So I could have a different material :squirrel:

I used a mixed material for the lit sections - the beauty of a mixed material is you can use different scalings for the two components, so I kept the first component the same as the base ship material, then fiddled with the lighting material scaling until I was happy with it.

In short, trial and error :twisted:

Online Now