Thank you everybody who participated, and thank you jury members!
The winners of this contest are:
with a score of 93.
with a score of 85.33.
with a score of 80.33.
The runner ups are:
with a score of 79.67.
with a score of 75.67.
with a score of 75.
with a score of 74.
with a score of 72.
with a score of 72.67, but 5 points subtracted because of the late submission. Bringing it to 67.67.
with a score of 67.67.
with a score of 54.
Comments of the jury in order of submission:N810
- "Josh? Star Wars? Photoshop? Embodiment of the LT forums at its finest. Max realism."
- "The picture looks like Josh's head photoshopped on a screenshot. Sadly, minimal effort. This could have been so much more with a few LT references."Talvieno
- "It does use a screengrab from LT, and it is very aesthetically pleasing. However, I was debating with myself on whether to utilize the one for 'Soon' as that one was much more realistic to the community."
- "A very nice imagination of being on board a ship watching over operations. Good eye for detail."Dinosawer
- "The attention to detail on the planet, mining ships, station, and ships going towards the planet really show a lot of thought and effort."
- "Good eye for detail, and a good looking cartoonish style."InfelixTurnus
- "Theory is one of the main things we do here, limitless or otherwise. Anything meta that also discusses the idea of the concept Limit Theory is based on is great."
- "Meta meta meta! While the theory didn't really catch me, I gave a lot of points for originality and aesthetic. Superb writing style."Lum
- "A lot of effort was put into it. Plenty of points for the originality of putting it into a GIF and making a trailer."
- "Some timing issues, but all in all a very well executed and enjoyable teaser."DanielW
- "Another digital painting with a lot of attention to detail. Everything blends well together and the progression is Amazing."
- "I could easily imagine this as my desktop background. It breathes the LT style and the attention to detail is terrific."Blunderbus
- "More theory on the idea of Limit Theory is never a bad thing. An alternative viewpoint to what seems commonly idealized in what Limit Theory is while a hint of Chaos Theory as well. Good stuff."
- "Sadly I had to rate this in comparison with InfelixTurnus' entry."HowSerendipitous
- "If we were playing 'Name that tune' I would have guessed it in one note. The only reason this is not a 100 is because I would feel as though it would have been too unfair to compete against it for the other contestants."
- "Wow, just wow. There has to have gone a lot of work in this. While I'm sure some effects or processing could be better, this entry puts the bar high."vfxguy
- "A great digital image of a star. The solar flares really show attention to detail."
- "I'm not sure what I'm seeing here. Why is this LT related? Can't really remark the image itself, so still points for that!"Slymodi
- "I'm glad there was a short story entry. It showcases an oft overlooked (but great) section of the forums. Great entry."
- "I would have given more points if the story would use more LT descriptions. Highways instead of warp lanes, etc."DarkCrescent
- "Brilliant concept. Adapting what could be seen as an everyday scene on a planet (bench under a streetlight) and preserving that in space."
- "With this entry I'm also missing the link to LT. While I can't critique the prettiness of the picture, I'm sad that it doesn't make any allusion to LT."
A detailed overview of all scores can be found here
HowSerendipitous, congratulations! You have the first pick in rewards. Would you like the TUG, Wasteland 2 or Planet Explorers key?