Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Talvieno wrote:No no. You're mathing wrong, my young friend. Here:

60 minutes an hour / 15 minutes = 4 15-minute spans an hour
4 15-minute spans an hour x $30 = $120 per hour
$120 per hour x average work week of 2080 hours = $249600 a year for one contest
12 contests x $249600 a year for one contest = $2,995,200 a year for twelve contests
average 80-year lifetime x $2,995,200 a year for twelve contests = $239,616,000

Actually, if one could do just one of these every fifteen minutes as a job, you could be earning $1,993,605,120,000 over the course of your 80-year lifespan! That's 25 times Bill Gates' current net worth! That's absolutely phenomenal! You've got to be crazy to turn this deal down! :D

:ghost:

I could start a book: "Something The First Place Winner Doesn't Want You To Know (Judges Everywhere Hate Him!)"
Is this a creative calculation entry for the competition? It is great, but does not fit so well the colonization theme :roll:

:clap: real fun. I new it was reasonable to participate, will use the argument to show my wife it is not loss of time. :mrgreen:

Sorry for the hold up guys! Had some unexpected breakages that tripled my render time. It will be done shortly, I promise. I'm leaving my PC on over night and all through the day to get this out.
Thanks for the extra time Tal+Judges I really appreciate it! :3

((EDIT: The first frame with under 60 seconds render time just rendered, this is progress!))
Last edited by Black--Snow on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:Sorry for the hold up guys! Had some unexpected breakages that tripled my render time. It will be done shortly, I promise. I'm leaving my PC on over night and all through the day to get this out.
Thanks for the extra time Tal+Judges I really appreciate it! :3

((EDIT: The first frame with under 60 seconds render time just rendered, this is progress!))
Take your time - results is more important than artifical deadlines!

Look forward...

<rant>
I'd like to point out that I am currently extremely pissed off with Blender because of what it just did. What it did caused the animation to go kaput after DAYS OF RENDERING.

So for some goddamn reason, it rendered the animation without the audio included...
Actually, going further back, I woke up this morning and checked the render. It was on frame 555/1980 and was stuck there... Samples for one tile were at 136 and weren't moving. Anyways, I figure Blender has pretty much died so I exit and see if it saved the 555 frames that were rendered. Turns out, the entire video file is saved... but in AVI format? So I'm thinking "What the fuck, you got stuck on frame 555 and magically rendered the rest of the 1500 frames when I pressed escape?". Anyways, I go and I render out the video with the audio on top again (Using the previous file) and lo and behold Blender decides saving the file OVER THE OLD VIDEO FILE is a good idea... So now I'm down 40 hours or so of continuous rendering because Blender doesn't make sure you don't want to DELETE ALL YOUR WORK that it for some reason decided to ignore all my settings for and save as a generic AVI anyway.

Right. So now we've wasted all this time and I've just got stills to show for it.
</rant>
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

0111narwhalz wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:<rant>
Right. So now we've wasted all this time and I've just got stills to show for it.
</rant>
One is tempted to offer one's processor.
It matters not. I've still got a long way to go in terms of animation skill. The stills will do fine I'm sure. :3

Black--Snow wrote:
0111narwhalz wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:<rant>
</rant>
One is tempted to offer one's processor.
It matters not. I've still got a long way to go in terms of animation skill. The stills will do fine I'm sure. :3
Ouch, that sucks. But, yeah, stills can work well.... Worked for me last month after some problems and always works for CSE :twisted:

Online Now