Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Yay! :mrgreen: I honestly wasn't sure I'd beat Silver's generator, but it seems I did. Congrats to Silver! :thumbup:
I think I'll be taking the $20 voucher. :think: I want to get me some GOG games. :squirrel: Enjoy Starport Gemini 2, Silver, unless you are too picky have it already. :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Believe it or not, I only spent 40 minutes writing that story. I didn't think I'd actually get a high position. :angel:
--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Thanks guys. :D

BTW:
Yes, the generator *DOES* procedurally generate names, so if new people enter the element selection criteria, it *WILL* pick them up.
People already move around on the numbers a little, and it's interesting to watch.

I might even update it to figure out how many posts someone has done in the last month and use that instead. ;P
(Sounds fun actually :V)

Starpoint Gemini 2... I don't think I have it, let me check.
I don't, and the next one happened to be on my wishlist, now I can try before I shell out for the next one. Woo! :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Alright, I told you I'd tell you (wat) what I had in mind for my submission. The entry I gave you was to be only one of several creation myths I had planned to include in a sort of anthropological research paper. This paper was supposed to make "startling correlations" between far-flung civilizations.
The introduction to the paper proceeds as follows:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Since the dawn of the first stardrive, humanity has thrown seeds into the deep black. Some seeds took root, while others faltered. In the ages of the First and Second Drive, little communication could be maintained between the colonies and their originators. Now, in the age of the Third Drive, even the most far-flung outposts have relatively fast information and cargo transport. This, and the vastly increased range of the Third Drive, has enabled the rediscovery of ancient First and Second Drive civilizations. These discoveries have brought a number of startling facts to light regarding the dominant faith. Before these facts are detailed, a brief synopsis of each major population’s origin story follows.
I might've gotten a bit...overambitious with that one, considering finals and all. :monkey:

Online Now