Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

I wanted to try (it's not Daniel's fault or something, I'm not that easy to demoralize lol), but I hadn't the time and the right idea. Wait, correction, I had the right idea but lacked the right skills. So, that's better. Usually I invest time to neutralize the lack of skill (you know, doing things until I get what I want, no matter how many hours I need). Anyway... I want to participate in the future, no worries. :)
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Daniel made everyone lose again :lol:
There's always next month :squirrel:
There's more than one prize, even if he does get first place, which is not at all guaranteed. Besides, it's less about the prizes and more about just making something awesome together. :) at least, that's how I always felt about it. I used it as a way to hone my skills.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

DanielW wrote:That's the way I see it, too.
I hope nobody got the impression I would do this for prices or places or whatever. :/
Let's just all create cool stuff. :)
Nope, did not get this impression at all.

We, your "competitors" salute your piece as it is so nice. That's per se a nice price ;)

I guess nobody's in there for the prizes, but having them means having a competition, and obviously competition make people active!

CSE wrote:
DanielW wrote:That's the way I see it, too.
I hope nobody got the impression I would do this for prices or places or whatever. :/
Let's just all create cool stuff. :)
Nope, did not get this impression at all.

We, your "competitors" salute your piece as it is so nice. That's per se a nice price ;)

I guess nobody's in there for the prizes, but having them means having a competition, and obviously competition make people active!
I like having prizes just as a way to reward people who give it their best. :) And encourage people to try harder (for those people whom it might encourage, anyway :P ).
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

IronDuke wrote::cry: I've been trying to think of something I could do for the contest, and I finally came up with an idea - an awesome one - but there's only today left, and I'm plumb stuffed chock-full with other things screaming for my attention. :cry:
I hope there's another mining themed contest in the future.

--IronDuke
If you need a day or two, I am all for waiting.

But I ain't the rulemaker here...

Wait for the word of the power that be, incarneted in Talv...

All right, I'm locking the topic. :) I don't think one of our judges wants to judge anymore, so I'll be looking for a third one again for this month. In the meantime, I can get the stuff up from a year ago! (hooray!)

edit: The next edition of LTFC is up! You have a full month to complete your entries! :D In the meantime, after I find a Judge #3, we'll get to work on judging the entries for February!

Online Now