Return to “General”

Colonization?

I was just reading a bunch of the other topics and a question popped into my head and I couldn't see that it had already been asked. But I was wondering if you would be able to just leave behind the galaxy that you started in and make start a colony in another system, with you being the guy that transports food and other necessities to the colony.
So pretty much what I'm asking is can you start your own colony??
cheers
Re: Colonization?

I know this is an older thread, but will Civilizations also reach out into the stars? It would be cool to maybe not be a leader of a faction but help them colonize and expand. Be like an officer or something. Or can I watch as a small 1 planet colony expands into a multi system Empire? I know the A I is supposed to be active, but how active?

CptAWatts wrote:I know this is an older thread, but will Civilizations also reach out into the stars? It would be cool to maybe not be a leader of a faction but help them colonize and expand. Be like an officer or something. Or can I watch as a small 1 planet colony expands into a multi system Empire? I know the A I is supposed to be active, but how active?
I believe the idea is that factions will have goals. These goals will be available as missions. If the player doesn't do a mission, an NPC will probably do them.
Different factions will have different goals, like and dislike different other factions and thus offer a wide variety of quests.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

CptAWatts wrote:And hopefully these goals would include expansion ;).
Err.... yes!
I believe Josh gave the example somewhere himself about a faction needing ores for their war machine. So the AI decides if that would be done by mining in known locations or perhaps exploring and expanding into new sectors. The player would get offered huge questlines (all based on the needs of the AI) that would help this faction in expanding / getting resources.

When I read about it, I got really excited about this feature and told my girlfriend about it. She plays Guild Wars 2, so I made the comparison of their "world changing events". In GW2 these events are scripted. The centaurs will always try to capture the same outposts in the same way and in the same order.
With a goal driven AI behind it, like in LT, the player is used to make a real difference. Because of the actions of the player the game is actually and permanently changed.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now