Return to “General”

Re: IRC

Black--Snow wrote:
Talvieno wrote:We had several people campaign to move IRC to Discord, but it just didn't happen, even in part. One guy even made an IRC-Discord bridge bot to move conversations from one place to the other. No effect. :P I don't see it happening, honestly.

That said, Discord is far too bloated for my tastes. It's like the difference between C++ and a VPL.
If it is moved completely to discord I will literally never be active. I can't use discord.. It's just not... Well it's not this:
Spoiler:      SHOW
The fuck was he trying there with Taiya? :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:
Talvieno wrote:We had several people campaign to move IRC to Discord, but it just didn't happen, even in part. One guy even made an IRC-Discord bridge bot to move conversations from one place to the other. No effect. :P I don't see it happening, honestly.

That said, Discord is far too bloated for my tastes. It's like the difference between C++ and a VPL.
If it is moved completely to discord I will literally never be active. I can't use discord.. It's just not... Well it's not this:
Spoiler:      SHOW
The frak was he trying there with Taiya? :D
Trying to provoke a response from his own Bot.

Taiya has a special response when Detritus give her flowers. Namely, she puts him in a pretty Vase.

Lycurgus's Bot reacts to that sometimes and helps him out. But that function was a bit buggy so he had to resort to a slightly more indirect approach to test the response.

You see the results up there^^
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Code: Select all

15:58 <+Silver> gb weather jew
15:58 <+Goatbot> Searching for [jew]...
15:58 <+Goatbot> Brighton, GB. (50.83°, -0.14°) (4°C, 5.43°C, 7°C) 1026 hPa Humidity 80% Clouds 0% Wind 7.6kmh 20° Last 3h Rain 0mm Snow 0mm
15:58 <+Silver> HAHA
15:58 <+lycurgus> HAH
15:58 <+lycurgus> eat it, brighton
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

And this is why we all love Talvieno. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

<Talvieno> If (i == use.curlyBraces){
<Talvieno>     i = typically;
<Talvieno>     writeThem("like this");
<Talvieno> }
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Because he uses curlies incorrectly?

Joshdamned oldschool pidgeons!

Guys! Question...

Want GB to attempt bridging? :V
Would be under a new copy of himself though, that just does bridging.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Dinosawer wrote:
Silverware wrote:Because he uses curlies incorrectly?
FTFY :ghost:

I'd actually prefer if you fixed/restored the REKT sigs, as those are actually used by people, unlike discord text chat.
Yeah that'll be today's task, but I don't have a recent copy of it anywhere, so I will be rebuilding it properly with at least some of the v2 ideas I had.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Talvieno wrote:Go right ahead, but be aware that a lot of the people that post in the LT Discord happen to be Lithuanians (apparently because LT = Lithuania). The rest are only there for the voice chat.
:V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Detritus wrote:It is incredibly annoying. :3
Well... If someone who knew what they were doing were admin there, one could, for instance, make all the channels require approval to talk in. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:
Detritus wrote:It is incredibly annoying. :3
Well... If someone who knew what they were doing were admin there, one could, for instance, make all the channels require approval to talk in. :V
!burn :lol:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now