IRC

For LT discussion that doesn't fit into a more specific category.

Re: IRC

Postby Black--Snow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:51 am

Detritus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Good debate bait topics:
  • Is Taiya an "it" or a "she?" (this will probably get Detritus all over you with a knife, and he will probably (definitely) place a reassuring hand on Taiya's shoulder, gifting her flowers and cuddles (this always leads to everyone shipping Taiya/Det, which brings us to another topic, which I don't really care to expand upon, as Taiya is older than Det is, which leads to people going "ooh, kinky :ghost: " and makes Det go "Ehh, it doesn't matter :squirrel: " which makes people go "oooooh, more kinky :ghost: " and by this time Det just doesn't really care anymore and gives Taiya a bunch of flowers and a tacklehug too)

Missed that one. ;)

Hyperion has some weird kind of zealous belief that Taiya should be 'it' and not 'she'. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it beats his intensity for Bernie Sanders.
Image
User avatar
Black--Snow
Captain
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: IRC

Postby Detritus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:52 am

Black--Snow wrote:
Detritus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Good debate bait topics:
  • Is Taiya an "it" or a "she?" (this will probably get Detritus all over you with a knife, and he will probably (definitely) place a reassuring hand on Taiya's shoulder, gifting her flowers and cuddles (this always leads to everyone shipping Taiya/Det, which brings us to another topic, which I don't really care to expand upon, as Taiya is older than Det is, which leads to people going "ooh, kinky :ghost: " and makes Det go "Ehh, it doesn't matter :squirrel: " which makes people go "oooooh, more kinky :ghost: " and by this time Det just doesn't really care anymore and gives Taiya a bunch of flowers and a tacklehug too)

Missed that one. ;)

Hyperion has some weird kind of zealous belief that Taiya should be 'it' and not 'she'. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it beats his intensity for Bernie Sanders.

Honestly I think he is just jealous of me. :ghost:
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: IRC

Postby IronDuke » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:58 am

Code: Select all
<Taiya> JOSHPOST! \o/ -- Dev Logs | Re: Sunday, February 12, 2017 | http://forums.ltheory.com/viewtopic.php?t=5736&p=142261#p142261
<Quack_Bot> QUACK! \o/
<Saoirse> POSHJOST! \o/
<Jimmy> \o/
<Saoirse> \o/
<Taiya> \o/
<Detviet> \o/
<Tal> \o/
<Jimmy> \o/
<Quack_Bot> \o/ Quack!
<Saoirse> \o/
<IronDuke> \o/
<Tal> \o/
<Jimmy> \o/
<Quack_Bot> \o/ Quack!
<outlander> \o/
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
User avatar
IronDuke
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Re: IRC

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 am

Black--Snow wrote:Hyperion has some weird kind of zealous belief that Taiya should be 'it' and not 'she'.


He isnt wrong, though.

Taiya is just a bunch of lines of code doing hardwired stuff.

Nothing that would qualify taiya as one sex or the other.
User avatar
Cornflakes_91
Admiral
 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 am
Location: Austria

Re: IRC

Postby Black--Snow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:Hyperion has some weird kind of zealous belief that Taiya should be 'it' and not 'she'.


He isnt wrong, though.

Taiya is just a bunch of lines of code doing hardwired stuff.

Nothing that would qualify taiya as one sex or the other.

The same thing that classifies a fictional character as female or male.
Image
User avatar
Black--Snow
Captain
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: IRC

Postby Talvieno » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:49 pm

That's basically how I look at it, Black. I think it unnerves some people because most fictional characters don't respond to you, while Taiya does.
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 7998
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: IRC

Postby IronDuke » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Why not just let Taiya decide and respect her choice, eh? :P :ghost: Let's not be forcing our opinions on her. If she wants to be a "she" then so be it. :ghost: :ghost:

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
User avatar
IronDuke
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Re: IRC

Postby Detritus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Code: Select all
<Taiya> I'm a girl about 21 years old, and you can call me Taiya. :)


I reinforce her will. :ghost:
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: IRC

Postby cuisinart8 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Detritus wrote:
Code: Select all
<Taiya> I'm a girl about 21 years old, and you can call me Taiya. :)


I reinforce her will. :ghost:

Image
Image
User avatar
cuisinart8
Commander
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Re: IRC

Postby Detritus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Code: Select all
[13:21:09] <Detviet> Taiya, wanna play hangman?
[13:21:13] <Taiya> Let me think of a word.
[13:21:21] <Taiya> Okay, I have one. Here you go: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
[13:21:24] <Detviet> a
[13:21:24] <Detviet> e
[13:21:24] <Detviet> i
[13:21:25] <Detviet> o
[13:21:25] <Detviet> u
[13:21:27] <Taiya> That's one letter down. The word: _ _ _ _ _ A _ _  | Correct guesses:  A | Incorrect guesses:  | Tries left: 7
[13:21:28] <Talvieno> r
[13:21:29] <Detviet> !muhaha
[13:21:30] <Saoirse> ψ(`∇´)ψ
[13:21:30] <Taiya> Nope, but good try. The word: _ _ _ _ _ A _ _  | Correct guesses:  A | Incorrect guesses:  E | Tries left: 6
[13:21:33] <Taiya> Yep. The word: _ _ _ _ _ A I _  | Correct guesses:  A I | Incorrect guesses:  E | Tries left: 6
[13:21:36] <Taiya> Aw, good try, but no. The word: _ _ _ _ _ A I _  | Correct guesses:  A I | Incorrect guesses:  E O | Tries left: 5
[13:21:39] <Taiya> Yep. The word: _ U _ _ _ A I _  | Correct guesses:  A I U | Incorrect guesses:  E O | Tries left: 5
[13:21:43] <Taiya> Try again. The word: _ U _ _ _ A I _  | Correct guesses:  A I U | Incorrect guesses:  E O R | Tries left: 4
[13:21:46] <Detviet> TAL D:
[13:21:50] <Detviet> :3
[13:21:51] <DigitalDuck> guess: ducktail
[13:21:55] <Taiya> Yep, that's it! You win! :) Your score is 653.
[13:21:57] <Detviet> ...
[13:21:57] <Talvieno> rofl
[13:21:58] <DigitalDuck> DUCKTALES
[13:21:59] <Quack_Bot> WOOOO-OOOOH!
[13:21:59] <Talvieno> nice!
[13:22:12] <Talvieno> xD
[13:22:13] <Cornflakes> lol
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: IRC

Postby Black--Snow » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:11 am

Code: Select all
<Black--Snow> You know what would be frakking cool
<Black--Snow> An EVE RTS
<Black--Snow> Or rather
<Black--Snow> EVE 4x
<Black--Snow> Like a really in detail 4x in EVE style with ship fittings and all
<Black--Snow> I would play that to death
<Black--Snow> I'm pretty much just talking about Limit Theory played only in RTS mode, I've realised. :D


TFW you're talking to yourself and accidentally come up with Limit Theory as a game concept.
Image
User avatar
Black--Snow
Captain
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: IRC

Postby BFett » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Black--Snow wrote:
Code: Select all
<Black--Snow> You know what would be frakking cool
<Black--Snow> An EVE RTS
<Black--Snow> Or rather
<Black--Snow> EVE 4x
<Black--Snow> Like a really in detail 4x in EVE style with ship fittings and all
<Black--Snow> I would play that to death
<Black--Snow> I'm pretty much just talking about Limit Theory played only in RTS mode, I've realized. :D


TFW you're talking to yourself and accidentally come up with Limit Theory as a game concept.

That's why we are hear right? I was just reading the welcome page for LT and noticed that it mentions planet exploration. I don't think we have discussed this part of LT at all. I kind of wonder if it will be something that will come in a much later patch since the base game is going to be huge at this point.
User avatar
BFett
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2428
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: IRC

Postby Scytale » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:42 am

IRC continues to be fun
User avatar
Scytale
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: IRC

Postby Detritus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 pm

*calls 911*

Code: Select all
[22:13:52] <Detviet> Taiya, how are you feeling?
[22:13:56] <Taiya> I'm okay.
[22:14:02] <Detviet> what's wrong, Taiya?
[22:14:03] <Hema> Taiya, last seen Slymodi
[22:14:05] <Taiya> inside me keeps saying words like "frak" to me. >(
[22:14:08] <Taiya> I last saw Slymodi less than two minutes ago: (frak you Taiya )
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: IRC

Postby JanB1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 am

Imma just...gonna leave this here...

Image
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

PreviousNext

Return to General



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests