Return to “General”

Re: IRC

A bit sad that Europeans are in the minority on IRC. It's usually very quiet during /my/ day. When I wake up I see the entire backlog and all fun chats I missed. :(
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Lum wrote:I can speak for Spanish users. IRC had a big boom in the late 90s and early 00s, but that was it. IRC isn't popular anymore, at least for the mass... ;)
it's still OK...
freenode: #starbound : 302 users online
esper: #minecraft: 450 users online

I'm happy with those kinds of numbers for popular games. That means there's still people learning about IRC to be able to chat with their community and fellow gamers.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Tsjernobyl wrote:I'd love to hang out too and downloaded an app for my smartphone...
I have no idea how to connect.
(never used IRC before.)
Most apps will ask for the following:
nickname : pretty much any name of your choosing, without spaces.
server: irc.gamesurge.net
port: (optional or:) 6667

Then hit the connect button, and type /join #limittheory, and press enter. You should then appear in the #limittheory "chatroom" on the gamesurge network.

Online Now