Return to “General”

What exactly is this game about?

I love the theory of this game, but what exactly do you do in this game?

Is the universe infinite? Like can constantly fly around and the game engine will generate new areas?

The idea of 100s of npc doing their on thing, which actually effect the surroundings is amazing... But from the developer videos, it just seems very limited in what you can do in this vast world.
Last edited by burningvigor on Tue May 13, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What exactly is this game about?

The closest analog to "what you can do" would be X3:Albion Prelude.
Without the scripted storyline.
Plus research of (stuff), plus ship / station design and construction. Plus actual exploration because the universe is infinite.

Well, that's the short answer. Maybe someone will write a few pages about the details of what you can do. =)
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Very limited in what you can?
It's true that their won't be an initial goal in the game, you have to decide your own goal and purpose, but that fact just gives you more options of how to play the game instead of limiting you:
  • You can be a miner
  • You can be a trader
  • You can be a pirate
  • You can be a mercenary
  • You can explore an infinite world
  • You can create a faction and control your own empire
  • You can be a researcher
  • everything else you can imagine
And everything you do will have consequences.
Have you ever played the X-series? or EVE online? Basically almost everything you could do there, you will be able to do in LT.

I can ensure you that this game will certainly not be limited.

Also, welcome to the forums :wave:
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Ah makes sense.

Its just josh says he wants to release the game mid 2014 which is close :shock:

I mean I always wanted to play a space sim which felt alive/infinite, and wasn't all about killing. Just living and traveling in a space universe is what I always wanted to experience. The fact that he's attempting to do that is amazing in itself. Never though any developer would try to make a game like that. :clap:

I hope the economic aspect has more factors than mining meteors though. It looks incredibly deep from the last dev vid. Incredibly impressed with how passionate he is about this game. Makes me really get into it too.

Watch a few of the other dev videos; yeah, it goes deeper than just mining asteroids, no worries. You could actually earn a living just by playing the market, if you were skilled enough. Just know when to buy and sell.

My favorite part, personally, is the AI - it can teach itself, and it learns as the universe develops. That means every single new game you make will have the AI adapt specifically for that universe. It also means that if you do something extreme like destroy a faction, wipe out a planet, etc, that the AI will be able to adapt, and not only work around what you did, but make it work for them, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Watch a few of the other dev videos; yeah, it goes deeper than just mining asteroids, no worries. You could actually earn a living just by playing the market, if you were skilled enough. Just know when to buy and sell.

My favorite part, personally, is the AI - it can teach itself, and it learns as the universe develops. That means every single new game you make will have the AI adapt specifically for that universe. It also means that if you do something extreme like destroy a faction, wipe out a planet, etc, that the AI will be able to adapt, and not only work around what you did, but make it work for them, too.
And they will probably try to kill you because you did that :P REVENGE!
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

One of the things you can do while playing this game is to drink lots of coffee. I plan to drink a lot of coffee in the future, as I do now, but instead of in the solitude of my room in the depths of space, watching through the windows of my cockpit my employees, or maybe droids, working on the asteroids swarming around my ship. I'm going to get comfortable in my pilot seat and enjoy the show with the hot cup in my hands.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now