Return to “General”

Project creation

This :clap:

Project creation feature showed in update 16.
This part made me very happy. Things can get little messy if you run a giant mining empire or some sort; tons of micromanagement.

How exactly is this going to work? Will it be divided categorically, to simplify things?

For example...
Mining for mining operations
Security for security operations like protecting your asset, fleet command, fleet patrol scheduling...etc
Trading for dynamic trading operations with advanced options...etc

I think simplifying things in this manner according to proper categories to core elements of the aspects you have to manage, is something that I think most space-sim gamers really needed. I've played X3 for quite some time, and I gotta say the micromanagement of huge economic empire was like learning a profession... Even though automation feature were in place, they weren't grouped together and had to be ordered around at very 'molecular' level. And I highly doubt real life space prospectors would lack such important resource like project management. So I am really glad this feature was implemented. Hope to see more in the future.
Re: Project creation

First off, welcome to the forums! :wave:

Second, I think it really depends on how many items would fit into the different categories. If we had a category for mining, I'd want to see enough items inside it to warrant a category. I'm all for this idea, I just don't want to see 100's of categories with just 1 or 2 things inside it.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I was under the impression you could define you own Projects.
  • - Create a new project
    - Give it a spiffy name - Mining
    - Assign a project manager
    - Assign some assets
    - Limit the range of actions allowed to mining
    - Allow for hiring of security
    - ect..

pulsar9 wrote:I was under the impression you could define you own Projects.
  • - Create a new project
    - Give it a spiffy name - Mining
    - Assign a project manager
    - Assign some assets
    - Limit the range of actions allowed to mining
    - Allow for hiring of security
    - ect..
I hope so...

I want as much control as I can get.
My Signature

Online Now