Return to “General”

Re: Option to turn off certain HUD elements?

vvj93645 wrote:Both offer the same services, but one provides a better solution and does not make your eyes bleed.
I strongly agree. I can't stand the font in that second picture, and the first one just looks so cool that it totally makes up for the lack of a starry background. The second one looks kind of blocky anyway.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I quite like the second one; it'd be pretty great on its own dedicated monitor in a dual setup. The font is pretty attractive but not the most legible one, however. It could use improvements along that front. I think the fonts Josh uses are quite nice and both are very legible, though I prefer the one he showed in the previous updates.

There is no velocity meter next to ships, only a distance readout (which was previously requested from players of LTP). All of it, including fade distances for detailed target information, is customizeable in the settings menu. I had the fade distance at nearly infinity so that I could see a lot of information in this demo, you are free to do what you like with it.
ThymineC wrote:I quite like the second one; it'd be pretty great on its own dedicated monitor in a dual setup. The font is pretty attractive but not the most legible one, however. It could use improvements along that front. I think the fonts Josh uses are quite nice and both are very legible, though I prefer the one he showed in the previous updates.
I'm still surprised you feel this way, as I really feel the new font blows away all others that I've tried (after having used them for quite a while). Regardless, it's very easy to swap out the font file with one of your choice :thumbup: I'll make sure to include the old one in the release so you can use it!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
ThymineC wrote:I quite like the second one; it'd be pretty great on its own dedicated monitor in a dual setup. The font is pretty attractive but not the most legible one, however. It could use improvements along that front. I think the fonts Josh uses are quite nice and both are very legible, though I prefer the one he showed in the previous updates.
I'm still surprised you feel this way, as I really feel the new font blows away all others that I've tried (after having used them for quite a while). Regardless, it's very easy to swap out the font file with one of your choice :thumbup: I'll make sure to include the old one in the release so you can use it!
Well, you didn't have a great deal of text in the latest video for me to judge by. Can you tell me the names of both fonts so I can see a side-by-side lorem ipsum of them both, please? :ghost:

Grumblesaur wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I also thought the new font was cleaner, but hooray for being trusted with entirely mad levels of power to alter the form and function of this game!
I'm personally fond of Aniron and Magnolia. But I probably won't change the font from the default, honestly.
Those fonts don't exactly look "spacey", either.
I was just mentioning a couple I tend to use a lot for other things. :ghost: If I have the power to change the font to whatever I want, it's only fair toexpect me to make use of it to its fullest potential. ;)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I also thought the new font was cleaner, but hooray for being trusted with entirely mad levels of power to alter the form and function of this game!
I'm personally fond of Aniron and Magnolia. But I probably won't change the font from the default, honestly.
Me, I've always liked Terminal from all my days of DOS coding and being fixed-width. But I'm weird like that. :wtf:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now