Return to “General”

Re: Game's coming along so fast

Honestly I take "mid-2014" with a grain of salt. Not that I don't have faith in Josh. I do. But I believe it's going to end up taking more time than that, which I'm not complaining about. I want the LT experience to be the best it possibly can be before release. Having been late in terms of KS backing, I haven't played the prototype so it will be completely new and I can't wait to get my hands on it. But I'm willing to wait if it's going to be that much better because of it. I'm thinking closer to the end of 2014 but that's just me.

Charley_Deallus wrote:
BFett wrote:A while ago I took the confirmed features from the FAQ and categorized them to see where the game stands. Here's where it's at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2154 . Josh plans to release the game by June of this year. I hope this answers some of your questions.
June? I was thinking it would be closer to August. I was thinking before or around June would be the Beta. I'm so lost :cry: but June means I have to save money faster for my new computer for LT! :o
The great thing about LT and indie games in general, is that due to the programming wizard talent of these developers, you won't actually need a new computer.
A mediocre 3-4 year old computer will due just fine. I mean just look at Space Engine compared to X Rebirth. AAA devs are so wasteful in the way they program games, massive system requirements for little to no benefit.
Last edited by Baleur on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bet everyone on the forum doesn't even realise they're NPCs in LT47.

(It all got a bit silly after the Parnell singularity. Instanced copies of Josh's uploaded brain spread out over the entire internet. The entire world's computer systems became dedicated to the cause of modelling a procedural universe within 24 hours. Planes fell out of the sky. Satellites blinked to darkness. Microwave ovens turned their attention from baked potatoes to ore mining. Society separated into strata. The wealthy elite retreated to their virtual world, sustained by the masses, who have returned to an agrarian existence.

I hope you're happy now, you monsters.)

McDuff wrote:I bet everyone on the forum doesn't even realise they're NPCs in LT47.

(It all got a bit silly after the Parnell singularity. Instanced copies of Josh's uploaded brain spread out over the entire internet. The entire world's computer systems became dedicated to the cause of modelling a procedural universe within 24 hours. Planes fell out of the sky. Satellites blinked to darkness. Microwave ovens turned their attention from baked potatoes to ore mining. Society separated into strata. The wealthy elite retreated to their virtual world, sustained by the masses, who have returned to an agrarian existence.

I hope you're happy now, you monsters.)

that kinda reminds me of that new johnny depp film, where basically exact this happens.
except with more technological singularity and less ore mining

Online Now