Return to “General”

Game Controls

Hi! Im a little curious as on how we will control our ships. (Im sorry if this topic has already been answered)
Instead of making extremely unnecessary long paragraphs like a lot of people do here, Im just going to list every question :)

-Will the controls be changeable?
-What exactly are the controls?
-Will it have Joystick/Gaming Controllers support?
-How would we control our engine's speed?

I just want to get ready for when the game comes out! Im VERY exited about it and I just want to get used to the controls.

:) Thanks!
Re: Game Controls

Correct :)

Keys are remappable. Heavy mouse use for aiming, or Joystick if you have one. Controlling your engine's speed I assume will be remappable like everything else. I would probably use my scrollwheel or joystick throttle for that.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Game Controls

It's probably on The List already but if not - please make a note for the Match Speed with Target function.

My preferred thrust settings are mouse wheel for +/- and middle mouse button for match...

Well, technically I used a "Match Distance" function in X3 but it was mostly because I was curious if it would work.
One click to lock the distance to the target.
Whenever I point towards the target and am closer than that, ships slows down. If I'm pointing at it and am too far, my ship speeds up. Forgot the other conditions. It's been well over a year. =)
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now