Return to “General”

Thank You Josh Parnell !

Hi Josh,

I'd like to express a huge thanks to you for your effort, enthusiasm and profesionality you're putting into your/our game. I'ts really amazing and made a great impress on me considering your age ... it's really something only few are capable of and I'm gratefull you are giving all these into such great game.

From what I've seen, heard and read till now it looks like my dream game. This phrase has been overused abit lately but believe me I've used it for the first time even though I've backed three space sims in last month and am contributing on their forums as well so the opportunity was there :). I remember that somewhere on your mainpage on Kickstarter there is an sentence where you say you gew up on Morrowind, X series and Freelancer, when I was reading that it was like ... BANG! ... an euphoria stroke me like lightning ... man, are you kidding me?! :D In that very moment I knew this is going to be something I'm waiting for for my whole life and that I got another game to pledge.

Respect to you sir !
Once again I thank you and am looking anxiously for beta :). I wish you the best.

See you 'round, Vlasticz.
Re: Thank You Josh Parnell !

JoshParnell wrote:Thank you very much for the kind words :) I can't wait to make this game guys!!! :D
And we will love you for that ! :)
I've just read your interview and I'm even more thrilled than before by the fact you are really going to implement the greatest of all the great aspects of all the games you named. It's really, REALLY exciting ! (to know that your developer loves the same things you do :D .. )

I would like to thank Josh as well, if your game turns out to be how you envision it... you will have a ton of people playing your game. I wish you much success (and I will be one of the beta testers! I promise to help make the game as amazing as it can be and will provide excellent feedback for you!).

matthewfarmery wrote:you should certainly if you can get alpha access, its pricey for a reason, but the more that do get alpha access the better, and we can help shape the game (even if its not much we will be testing, its an alpha afterall) but the more backers that help out the better

and at alpha access pledge myself
I'd just like to point out that there is no alpha access pledge level, the 75$ level gives you access to the combat prototype, not the alpha.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Bele wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:you should certainly if you can get alpha access, its pricey for a reason, but the more that do get alpha access the better, and we can help shape the game (even if its not much we will be testing, its an alpha afterall) but the more backers that help out the better

and at alpha access pledge myself
I'd just like to point out that there is no alpha access pledge level, the 75$ level gives you access to the combat prototype, not the alpha.
Thank you thank you, this is important to understand !!!!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Am I the only one that gets impression we hereby witness rising of new Chris Roberts?
I surely think if Josh keeps his passion up and keeps developing his skills, he may one day become Chris Roberts Junior ;)

Whatever the outcome, it's certain this guy has a lot of skill and is worthy of being supported.

Mr Josh, keep it up!

My take on it (from this thread):
Commander McLane wrote:Shortly after a shiver of excitement about Elite: Dangerous rolled over the Oolite boards, I stumbled across Limit Theory, and was hooked, not least because the story of a talented and visionary young programmer single-handedly re-inventing the space sim genre reminded me so strongly of the story of two talented and visionary young programmers single-handedly inventing the genre back in 1983. The rest—as they say—is history.
:)

Online Now