Return to “General”

Lurking Long Enough

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for a pretty long time (not as long as most though) ever since I saw this game mentioned in a comments section for the game Banished. Curiously, I took a look and I was blown away.
I have been playing the X3 universe games and I have been putting Limit Theory on my daily "To-Do" list because I like to read all of the dev logs and see some of the science behind the creation of this game. Sadly, I also realized Josh is younger than me by 2-3 years and I haven't accomplished anything this incredible...yet! I work from a psychology side of things...so I deal with people and not math.
From my first space game (Tie Fighter), till now, I have always enjoyed these kinds of games, but more importantly I have been looking for an open ended kind.

I would like to say thank you to all of those supporting this game and helping with the production. I just happened to see Josh mention all of the views in his one week of dev logs and decided that I should poke my head out of the shadows.

Cheers,

Charley (berkeltc is just a username I have used for most things since my college gave me it).

PS - My money...take it!
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus
Re: Lurking Long Enough

ThymineC wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Congratulations ThymineC! :thumbup:
Cheers. :)

You're not far off either!
:lol: My first post here was supposed to be my last. Strange how things sometimes work out. ;)

I have enjoyed the contribution you have made to the Limit Theory forums so far. I know Josh has appreciated your impressive body of work. :D

berkeltc wrote:I felt the same about other sites. "Eh I won't post much"

Then I became a moderator for a game website...and earned the title King. Sad...that was 6 years ago :wtf:
I barely contribute anything to other sites. I have added a few posts to the Frontier/Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen sites but I am not really a "forum poster type" more a lurker. The LT community members have something special. It's more than just camaraderie but I have never been able to pin it down. :D

Victor Tombs wrote: :lol: My first post here was supposed to be my last. Strange how things sometimes work out. ;)

I have enjoyed the contribution you have made to the Limit Theory forums so far. I know Josh has appreciated your impressive body of work. :D
Actually glad you're posting. It makes it seem like you guys (Elder Council) is one of us instead of just looking with disdain over the rest of the community. :)
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Actually glad you're posting. It makes it seem like you guys (Elder Council) is one of us instead of just looking with disdain over the rest of the community.
I would never treat any member of this community with disdain DW. I hope you know that by now. I value the members to highly to behave in such a manner.

It isn't who I am anyway.

I did have a problem with one individual who kept insisting that this community was dying and would not survive. He was deserving of any grief I may have caused him. I have also been over fierce in defence of Josh and Limit Theory on a few occasions. Sorry about that. It comes from caring passionately about this project.

I have said before that all I ever wanted was Freelancer 2. That was confirmed by Josh in a recent Dev Log entry. Everything else is icing on the cake for me. I hope everyone who gets to play Limit Theory finds the game that they want. It's a tall order but if anyone can deliver I think it's Josh Parnell. :D

And that's exactly what makes you more personable! :D

I know you're not a bad guy and it's why I usually don't go into fierce defensive mode for LT, because I try to stay impartial to even criticism (that and we have plenty of people that will rise to the call of arms if needed). :mrgreen:

...Although, it was *really* hard to stay impartial to the one guy who claimed the forums were dying. :problem:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:...Although, it was *really* hard to stay impartial to the one guy who claimed the forums were dying.
I was pleased when he decided to leave. I can't bring to mind any other instances where members got so upset about someone's behaviour which goes to show how lucky we are. I am still impressed by the level of maturity and depth of talent on display in the forums.

I know you mods can feel under appreciated at times but as far as I am concerned we still have the best team bar none. This site is still my oasis on the internet DW. :D

Online Now