Return to “General”

Unofficial list of LT features

I've recently been wondering what percent of planned items have been completed for Limit Theory. The majority of the below topics are from the green category in the FAQ, meaning that these items will be in the release version of the game. Please let me know if I have something in the wrong category.

Implemented
Mac / Linux support
Multi Monitor Support
Joysticks
Gamepads
Carriers / Mobile Docking Bays
Landing on planets / moons / asteroids; planet-side environments
Acceleration Gates Warp Rails
Weapons
Missiles
Energy Settings
RTS tactical interface to deal with large numbers of ships
Sensors
Ship types / classes
Name your own ships/assets
Modding
HUD customization / scaling

Partially implemented
Build your own ships and stations (including shipyards)
Shields
Planet Colonization
Faction Creation and Ownership

Planned

Importing / exporting of ship designs and sharing them with other players
Automated turrets
Tracking of discoveries
Last edited by BFett on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Re: Unofficial list of items

I am in the middle of an FAQ rewrite.

In regards to this list, this was mostly for a "what is planned" during the kickstarter phase. From as much time I've spent on the forums, all of these features will be in the game. The percentage that the features are at is another question, but one I wouldn't worry about unless Josh specifically changes his mind and not want to put something in (HIGHLY unlikely).

TL;DR - Plan for all of these to be in the final product.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: Unofficial list of items

April 3rd 2014

Moved Planet Colonization and Faction Creation into Partially implemented because we are beginning to see NPCs managing and working for other NPCs. The planet in the video had a colony on it which I assume was colonized by the NPCs through universe generation.

I moved Sensors to implemented because the February dev log showed refined sensors and mining.
Re: Unofficial list of LT features

johnr wrote:Does anyone know how the ship,station and formation editors are coming along. We haven't really heard a lot about them since the tech demos.

What about the warp planes? Are they gone? :?:
I asked Josh about the ship editor in web chat and he said it wasn't quite done yet. Also, we know ships can be made with the editor but I don't know about the station editor.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Josh will shed some light on this.

johnr wrote:Does anyone know how the ship,station and formation editors are coming along. We haven't really heard a lot about them since the tech demos.

What about the warp planes? Are they gone? :?:
You might have heard, he's been busy laying the ground work for an entire economic simulation.

Patience, youngling.

June 3, 2014

Moved "Name your own ships/assets" to implemented because Josh stated that he named his research vessel to "Secret Research Vessel". I also moved "Reputation" to partially implemented because the AI turned red when Josh shot at it. I would like to learn more about how reputation works before setting this to fully implemented.

JoshParnell wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:You may wish to remove planetary ownership.
It's a guaranteed post-release feature, as per the KS stretch goals, so I would leave it in ;)
I think some of us misunderstood when it was coming out, then. No matter, though - it's going to be incredibly awesome either way. :D

And maybe you could add civilians too while you're at it, when we get to that point? :) *looks hopeful*
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now