Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory in the News

charnode wrote: Appearently after people went down the project-is-dead-lane. I will continuously harp on about that just little bits of information can keep the overall perception of people interested or involved in the project so much more positive. Not trying to offend anybody here, but it puzzles me how Josh, being so incredibly smart to come up with what he has already shown us with Limit Theory. does not seem to get what his course of action is doing to the project hype, which in turn will directly convert into money.

This hype theme is a dangerous thing, no doubt. I never really liked the hype train thing because it was adding pressure on Josh to every time outperform the previous monthly video. But prefessionalism means there is a middle ground. At this point in time Josh is probably massively involved in testing, maybe soon focusing on balancing. This means he should get to be within the game world quite a lot. How long does it take to take a screenshot and throw it towards the forums? This is nowhere near the effort needed to throw together a video with voice over lasting half an hour net play time.

As for me, the forums are basically just there to hit "mark forums read" when there is no new information. Somehow sad that it came to this. I want to look forward to playing Limit Theory. But rather I find myself looking forward to other games that do have their marketing together. Josh, please unterstand, I did not further this thought to insult you, it's just your interaction makes Limit Theory seem dead, however alive it may seem to you. :(
Well Charnode, I've read over your points and I believe you may be incorrect about the current state of LT and possibly the hype. While I agree that the hype is waning, I disagree that it directly converts to money at this point in time. As I'm sure you know, Josh has been refusing money for years now, and will be continuing to do so until he has a product which he can sell. When the beta begins the hype will increase to its maximum and it is at that point, when the game goes live, where Josh will make his money.

I hate to say it but Josh isn't working on testing the game or its balance. Right now, Josh is coding, implementing features, and making the engine easier for the average person to modify after the game releases. He's not in the game world a lot, in fact he has stated as much saying that he was just looking at numeric inputs and outputs.

I hope the above comment doesn't come across as rude.

Part of the problem is the pro-hype. We have some people here that drink so much of the kool-aid that sometimes even innocent questions get drowned out and frighten people away. :|
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Part of the problem is the pro-hype. We have some people here that drink so much of the kool-aid that sometimes even innocent questions get drowned out and frighten people away. :|
Yup.

Though I noticed that the attrition of posters here has left more and more "middle ground" people. People don't tend to get swarmed by the cult of Josh'ers like they used to, and we don't get as many rant and rave posts about how Josh is the anti-christ anymore.
Talvieno wrote:I hope you stay as well, charnode. :(
It would be nice if all of the posters who added to this board would stay, but let's be honest here, there isn't much going on.

I have myself taken months off from coming here due to nothing much happening and not being able to hold my opinion on certain.. things.
My Signature

I'm rarely here, but that doesn't mean I've lost interest in the project.

I'm just keen to see what Josh eventually comes up with. But I'm in no rush. When it's ready.

At the time of the Kickstarter, my main focus was on Elite. Star Citizen was 'meh' (and still is), and LT was the exciting wildcard that could go belly-up (but so what if it did). I backed all three.

I still want a massive single player space trading game.

Hopefully this year.

If not, maybe next year.

Cool either way.

Chill. :thumbup:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Juniper wrote:I still want a massive single player space trading game.

Hopefully this year.

If not, maybe next year.

Cool either way.

Chill. :thumbup:
I'm convinced it's this year, Juniper, my gut never lies. :thumbup: :squirrel: :monkey: :ghost: *absent trains, party goers and others too numerous to mention*
Did you just fuel the hype train? Careful now Victor :wtf:
procedurally generated comment

For all the criticism of the hype train we get around here, I think it's much better to have people on the hype train going around the loop than just sitting on the station platform waiting for the real thing to arrive. It lends itself to a more positive outlook, I think.

I think at times the hype comes off as mindless devotion, but I don't think it actually is that. It's people trying to make a good time out of their anticipation. The folks that we get around here with the "stop having fun, guys, the game isn't out yet" mentality are a bunch of wet blankets.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now