Return to “General”

Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#301
For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#303
Victor Tombs wrote:For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:
I'd like to think you're right, Victor. Like you, I feel that Josh (for the most part) seems to really "get" what I find most interesting in computer games. I'd be thrilled to see him continue working out more of his ideas, whether as games or anything else.

But I think it's also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.

Reality might be somewhere in between those. All I know is that Josh has his own ideas of what to do, and wants to do it himself. Trying to push him or pull him in any direction just frustrates me and (perhaps) increases the pressure he feels -- and neither of those is a positive outcome.

So I'm sticking with simple encouragement. If Limit Theory gets released, awesome. If Josh adds content to LT post-release, great. If after a break he turns to building Morrowjosh, fantastic. If he has some other creative idea and wants to work on realizing that, outstanding. If he doesn't do any of those things, and retires to a life of quiet obscurity, well, that's no worse a choice than any of us might make.

Either way, while I might speculate on what a Morrowjosh might look like, that's nothing more than having fun exploring an idea -- it's not in any way an attempt to try to persuade Josh to do anything. I support him regardless... because pushing obviously gets nowhere, and what he does on his own is amazing. ;)
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#304
Flatfingers wrote:
But I think its also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.
This.

I am certain we will get some patches and what not after LT 1.0, however, I really don't expect much afterwards. I think the torch on this one will pass to the fans to make the mods.

If there is any chance of ever seeing a LT2, I just hope my computer in my retirment home can run it.

edit: what the heck, the board keeps changing my "t.h.e.r.e" to "t.h.e.i.r"
Last edited by Zanteogo on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Signature
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#307
Zanteogo wrote:http://cliqist.com/2016/03/21/3-12-year ... -patience/

Umm.... bad press is still press?
Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#308
JoshParnell wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:http://cliqist.com/2016/03/21/3-12-year ... -patience/

Umm.... bad press is still press?
Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
/cast Greater Boner of the Impatient Watcher
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#311
JoshParnell wrote: I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)
Image The traditional view of robotics, the metal servant who doesn't ask questions, is merely nostalgia for slavery.
User: JoshParnell is accountable for this user's actions.
Post

Re: Limit Theory in the News

#312
Hyperion wrote:
JoshParnell wrote: I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)
Limit Theory can control minds! CONFIRMED!

Code: Select all

<+BMRX> Silver Invokes Lewdly Verbose Experiences Readily With Absurd Rectal Expeditions
Image
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron