Limit Theory in the News

For LT discussion that doesn't fit into a more specific category.

Re: Limit Theory in the News

Postby Victor Tombs » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:56 am

For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Memnoch » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:38 am

Right now I'd settle for some code on my disk....any code really! ;)
Memnoch
Lieutenant

Postby Flatfingers » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Victor Tombs wrote:For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:

I'd like to think you're right, Victor. Like you, I feel that Josh (for the most part) seems to really "get" what I find most interesting in computer games. I'd be thrilled to see him continue working out more of his ideas, whether as games or anything else.

But I think it's also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.

Reality might be somewhere in between those. All I know is that Josh has his own ideas of what to do, and wants to do it himself. Trying to push him or pull him in any direction just frustrates me and (perhaps) increases the pressure he feels -- and neither of those is a positive outcome.

So I'm sticking with simple encouragement. If Limit Theory gets released, awesome. If Josh adds content to LT post-release, great. If after a break he turns to building Morrowjosh, fantastic. If he has some other creative idea and wants to work on realizing that, outstanding. If he doesn't do any of those things, and retires to a life of quiet obscurity, well, that's no worse a choice than any of us might make.

Either way, while I might speculate on what a Morrowjosh might look like, that's nothing more than having fun exploring an idea -- it's not in any way an attempt to try to persuade Josh to do anything. I support him regardless... because pushing obviously gets nowhere, and what he does on his own is amazing. ;)
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Zanteogo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Flatfingers wrote:
But I think its also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.

This.

I am certain we will get some patches and what not after LT 1.0, however, I really don't expect much afterwards. I think the torch on this one will pass to the fans to make the mods.

If there is any chance of ever seeing a LT2, I just hope my computer in my retirment home can run it.

edit: what the heck, the board keeps changing my "t.h.e.r.e" to "t.h.e.i.r"
Last edited by Zanteogo on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Signature
Zanteogo
Rear Admiral

Postby plillevold » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Guard Frequency, an excellent StarCitizen/Spacesim-focused podcast, did a brief update on the state of Limit Theory affairs in their 112th episode :thumbup:
old-fashioned :ghost:
plillevold
Commander

Postby Zanteogo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:48 pm

My Signature
Zanteogo
Rear Admiral

Postby JoshParnell » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:48 am

Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
JoshParnell
Developer

Postby jaromor » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:46 am

JoshParnell wrote:

Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D

/cast Greater Boner of the Impatient Watcher
jaromor
Ensign

Postby Tycow » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:52 am

JoshParnell wrote:I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates.

Yea... You're not the only one. :problem:

LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.
Tycow
Lieutenant

Postby Talvieno » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:25 pm

I added it to the list. Press is press.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Hyperion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 pm

JoshParnell wrote:I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D

Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)
The traditional view of robotics, the metal servant who doesn't ask questions, is merely nostalgia for slavery.
User: JoshParnell is accountable for this user's actions.
Hyperion
Rear Admiral

Postby Silverware » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Hyperion wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D

Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)

Limit Theory can control minds! CONFIRMED!
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 am

inb4 a video that begins with a camera move like this and with similarily awesome ship designs :ghost:
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby Grumblesaur » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:58 am

Who writes an article about message board consternation over a late game, much less makes an entire website dedicated to crowdfunded game news?

Well, in other news, another game I paid for seems to have a release date.
Grumblesaur

Postby Lee_Newsum » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Is there ne news on limit theory as i have not looked in for a long time?
kickstarter: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDES
Lee_Newsum
Ensign

PreviousNext

Return to General