Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory in the News

For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:For me, the Limit Theory game doesn't end with the release of part one. It's an ongoing process. MorrowJosh is part of that process, Flat. I see LT as an evolving and growing project. It's not possible for it to encompass all of what Josh had in mind for his ultimate experience. Part one is an important foundation but it's never going to be able to provide the living experience that the developer said he wanted. :angel:
I'd like to think you're right, Victor. Like you, I feel that Josh (for the most part) seems to really "get" what I find most interesting in computer games. I'd be thrilled to see him continue working out more of his ideas, whether as games or anything else.

But I think it's also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.

Reality might be somewhere in between those. All I know is that Josh has his own ideas of what to do, and wants to do it himself. Trying to push him or pull him in any direction just frustrates me and (perhaps) increases the pressure he feels -- and neither of those is a positive outcome.

So I'm sticking with simple encouragement. If Limit Theory gets released, awesome. If Josh adds content to LT post-release, great. If after a break he turns to building Morrowjosh, fantastic. If he has some other creative idea and wants to work on realizing that, outstanding. If he doesn't do any of those things, and retires to a life of quiet obscurity, well, that's no worse a choice than any of us might make.

Either way, while I might speculate on what a Morrowjosh might look like, that's nothing more than having fun exploring an idea -- it's not in any way an attempt to try to persuade Josh to do anything. I support him regardless... because pushing obviously gets nowhere, and what he does on his own is amazing. ;)

Flatfingers wrote:
But I think its also a very real possibility that Josh's experience with Limit Theory has left him burned out, and that it could be years before he decides to put himself through that again... if ever.
This.

I am certain we will get some patches and what not after LT 1.0, however, I really don't expect much afterwards. I think the torch on this one will pass to the fans to make the mods.

If there is any chance of ever seeing a LT2, I just hope my computer in my retirment home can run it.

edit: what the heck, the board keeps changing my "t.h.e.r.e" to "t.h.e.i.r"
Last edited by Zanteogo on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:http://cliqist.com/2016/03/21/3-12-year ... -patience/

Umm.... bad press is still press?
Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:http://cliqist.com/2016/03/21/3-12-year ... -patience/

Umm.... bad press is still press?
Well, I appreciate that the author was respectful. This is a perfectly-fair article as written by an outsider (by that I mean anyone but the dev team / Red Coats :P ).

I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
/cast Greater Boner of the Impatient Watcher

JoshParnell wrote: I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
JoshParnell wrote: I look forward to the next round of good press when I do drop screenshots & gameplay updates. I imagine there will be a rather strong collective relief :D
Are you sure you want to go raising expectations like that? As you wish. ;)
Limit Theory can control minds! CONFIRMED!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now