Return to “General”

Themes to be used in an expansion to LT after release

Hey guys and gals.

I just want to ask. What are the specific themes/ideas to be used in an expansion or LT 2 game?.

There are so many ideas on the suggestions page. I for one don't know which would be used in the game definitely and which will not be used in game, but can be added by expansion (or modification).

I'd like to make this post/thread productive by asking everyone to list down all the ideas that could be used for an expansion or LT2 game.

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong forum section or a thread like this has already been made.
Re: Themes to be used in an expansion to LT after release

Worry not, as this thread is (as far as I know) the first of its kind.

Given that it's Limit Theory with a 2 on it, I think the theme will remain primarily that any perceived limitation in one's endeavours (space endeavors, especially) is entirely a mentality.

But how do you mean themes? Do you mean gameplay focuses and elements, or do you mean more in the philosophy in the game itself?
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

If you're talking about adding features that won't be in LT1, pretty much everything that's in suggestions.

The engine itself is pretty much feature complete with the original kickstarter (unparalleled AI, RTS and FPS focus, exploration and great UI), then it just is adding more features that were missing. I'm guessing things like multiplayer would be added, official mod support with a decent mod API will be there. Being able to fly around a planet's atmosphere, landing, and something akin to procedural skyrim also would probably be there too.

But that's just my guess.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

TanC wrote:I was under the impression that LT2 would be Josh-only input. So expansions, if you want them, would have to come in for LT1 as long as Josh still has the drive to continue adding features to it. ;)
Your impression is correct TanC.

According to Josh, he intends withdrawing from this world of demands he finds himself facing in order to create LT2.

His overriding purpose in such a withdrawal is to concentrate on a game of such epic content that when he reemerges into this world and reveals his masterpiece all who behold that revelation will be astounded by its depth and richness. Dumbstruck is a word which is barely adequate to describe the state of those who will witness the second coming of LT. :angel:

Hmm, maybe a bit over dramatic but essentially true. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:His overriding purpose in such a withdrawal is to concentrate on a game of such epic content that when he reemerges into this world and reveals his masterpiece all who behold that revelation will be astounded by its depth and richness. Dumbstruck is a word which is barely adequate to describe the state of those who will witness the second coming of LT. :angel:
Hot damn. That's almost...prophetic! :thumbup:
In Josh we trust.

TanC wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:His overriding purpose in such a withdrawal is to concentrate on a game of such epic content that when he reemerges into this world and reveals his masterpiece all who behold that revelation will be astounded by its depth and richness. Dumbstruck is a word which is barely adequate to describe the state of those who will witness the second coming of LT. :angel:
Too much coffee this morning. It usually leads to these OTT statements. I will be back to normal when I've eaten my buttered toast. ;) :)

Victor Tombs wrote:According to Josh, he intends withdrawing from this world of demands he finds himself facing in order to create LT2.

His overriding purpose in such a withdrawal is to concentrate on a game of such epic content that when he reemerges into this world and reveals his masterpiece all who behold that revelation will be astounded by its depth and richness. Dumbstruck is a word which is barely adequate to describe the state of those who will witness the second coming of LT. :angel:
And I think that might actually be a good idea.

Trying to please everyone and appeal to a broader audience leads to things like X:Rebirth :monkey:
*ducks and runs*

Only as night slowly drew in and swallowed the battlefield does the fog begin to peter out and the result known.

It is over.

There is nothing left.

LT1 is done, has loved, laughed, conquered and stamped itself upon the hearts of all those who fought today.

The Valiant Sir Victor, most loyal of all the knights of Elder Council wandered through the mud looking for his King. Near the water's edge, within a patch of silence he finds a figure hunched over on his knees. It is him.

"My Lord, the figures are in. We have the field."

The voice that replies comes as a shock. So weak. "I'm tired, Victor. So tired. I can't do this any more."

"What do you mean, my Lord. There will be feasting, with many types of soup. The people all over the land seek to raise a toast to your glory."

"It's too late. Take the laptop."

"What, do you mean. It's your development laptop."

The king looked up at him, black rings around his eyes, hands stained by coffee grounds, "Take it, take it Victor and throw it into the water."

"Wha.."

"Just do it." The voice retained elements of the iron that had led them from Kickstarter through development, even through the IOS port. Victor picked up the black case and threw it as far as he could at the black waves.

And a hand pierced through the swell and plucked the laptop from the air.

The next weeks were hard. "Where is the King?" the people asked. All the members of the Elder Council could say that, when he was needed, when the time the darkest, when Avalon screamed out his name in torment, then he would return.

The Once and Future Coder.

scousematt wrote:The Once and Future Coder.
I am almost speechless scousematt. I know The Once and Future Coder of whom you speak will appreciate this contribution. You may or may not have seen the dev logs when the man in question becomes his alter ego known as Medieval Josh. They were back in the times when he had the extra hours needed to write such entertainment. I only hope that one day (probably without any warning) he will reappear and regale us with tales of epic battles and enduring courage. We can only hope. :D

In my book collection I have a leather bound version of "Morte d'Arthur" by Sir Thomas Malory. It is a prized possession bought for me by my late Mom and Dad. The tale of King Arthur has always been a favourite and now I get a part in your version of that tale. Thank you for such an honour. :thumbup: :wave:

Victor Tombs wrote:
TanC wrote:
Too much coffee this morning. It usually leads to these OTT statements. I will be back to normal when I've eaten my buttered toast. ;) :)
Well, Chris Taylor did the same thing more than a decade ago, and we got Total Annihilation out of it. :p

THERE
ARE
FOUR
LIGHTS

In Josh we trust

Victor Tombs wrote:According to Josh, he intends withdrawing from this world of demands he finds himself facing in order to create LT2.

A few things can probably be assume though. In terms of features, you have to admit that once he gets the features in LT 1 down, they will only need a little tweaking to improve upon (relatively speaking) since it seems the way he codes, once he has a base, upgrading and improving upon it is lightning fast.

Which means that in the first couple weeks, an upgraded engine would be almost finished. Which would mean that graphics Josh gets to play for awhile, and new features can be added. What new features? Any features that wouldn't have made the cut for the first game probably.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now