Return to “General”

Double Precision?

Well, after reading the Dev Log for Friday, September 20, 2013...

"A stunning finish to September, wherein the game reaches feature completion"

I realize that was said as "unrealistically amazing", but the first thing that popped into my head is well, is the LT engine using double precision yet? Or close to it?

Just curious, as I really want planets to be bigger! (Who doesn't?) :D Oh, and Gas Planets! Maybe Moons too. :shock:

EDIT: Actually on the note of feature completion, what all features are left anyways? I've red all of the Dev Logs since they started but really it's been so much I'm not even really sure what's all left, I mean the more immediate things are AI and such, but what about after that? Would it be possible to get a relatively complete list of what else you plan to add before release Josh? That'd be awesome. :)
Re: Double Precision?

Hold on a second... Did I really post this in "Limit Theory Prototype" general forum instead of the "Limit Theory" general forum, and not even notice...? *facepalm*

How on earth did it take me this long to even realize this anyways...? *facedesk*

Would it count as double posting if I re-posted this in the "Limit Theory" general forum...? So that it's more likely it will actually be seen by Josh?

First of all, I've already seen it :P
Second of all, moving a topic is easy and we'll do it in just a moment.
Third of all, I also didn't notice that it was in the wrong section :oops:

Fourth, and most importantly, I'm afraid double precision isn't in the cards for this month. We're so close, but I've done enough graphics-related work for the month and I really want to bring home the AI right now :) Don't worry, it's a comin soon enough!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Flatfingers wrote:I too would appreciate seeing a high-level plan.

"In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ah! About that.

Fear not, there is a "master plan" and it's extensive. Actually it's in the form of an online mind map. It just about crashes my laptop when I try to view it :problem:

But! I'm afraid I'm not willing to share it...there be too many dragons within :) sorryyyyyy :( :angel: :angel:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I too would appreciate seeing a high-level plan.

"In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ah! About that.

Fear not, there is a "master plan" and it's extensive.
How about sharing a rough timeplan then for the monthly update? Are we on still on track for the Jan 2014 delivery indicated on Kickstarter? Or should we expect something closer to Q3 2014? Will the beta start before 2013 is over? Just simple things like that which would be interesting to know :thumbup:

I never really doubted that there was a Master Plan, but it's still nice to have it clearly confirmed. Thanks!

And while keeping it :squirrel: away is a little annoying to me (because it means I can't help by contributing at a strategic level), hey, my loss for not appreciating in time that this is the one project I'd have considered backing at the Elder Council level. :)

All of which is utterly unrelated to double precision. We now return to our previously scheduled high-precision discussion, already in progress....

Ixos wrote: How about sharing a rough timeplan then for the monthly update? Are we on still on track for the Jan 2014 delivery indicated on Kickstarter? Or should we expect something closer to Q3 2014? Will the beta start before 2013 is over? Just simple things like that which would be interesting to know :thumbup:
I believe it just said "early 2014," so I think it'd be best to take that to mean between January and April, rather than specifically January.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now