Return to “General”

Re: New CRYENGINE

Katawa wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:Finally they'll stop being held back by obsolete console hardware
hahaha
To clarify: They'll go from being held back by obsolete console hardware, to just being held back by console hardware ... for a while, until the console hardware rapidly gets obsolete again.

Its a sad cycle. :cry:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

JoshParnell wrote: :oops:

Just can't compete with that :shock: :shock:
Well, I'm pretty sure it's labor-intensive to use that engine. So much manual labor!

Rest easy knowing you're building an efficient and self-generating engine, which is in a separate category on it's own. :D
In Josh we trust.

TanC wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure it's labor-intensive to use that engine. So much manual labor!

Rest easy knowing you're building an efficient and self-generating engine, which is in a separate category on it's own.
We don't want Josh resting easy! He has much too much work to complete. :)

I want to go to there.

Honestly though, save for certain games that are trying to be movies, I'm already well satisfied by the graphical fidelity we already have. I'm much more interested in fantastic weather sims (dat drying puddle...if that's all done by math, wow) and better physics. Auto LOD is great too.

With current techniques, my imagination still fills in a bit. But with so much looking fantastic (and most of it is gorgeous), the things that aren't really stand out. The fire at 00:12 still looks...a little...not...good. There are weird out-of-focus embers, it's moving way too slowly, and a mysterious gout of flame just disappears from the frame at 00:18. Weird shadows dance around the front sail at 00:42, and it looks like they composited the fire because some of it is in focus and some isn't...? I'm not sure whether to blame the DOF effect or the fire team. The missile contrails at 1:07 are jarringly bad for such an otherwise excellent trailer--one contrail flickers out!--and the explosions afterward look like low-framerate sprites?

I realize each of the things I pointed out are traditionally hard problems, and I guess I'm just being cranky for having pulled a late night that's just now ending. But my eye is drawn to them every time when everything else looks so amazingly good. This is my problem in a nutshell I guess.

This engine is the basis for RSI.
It will be a high end space sim, so the you will need to
have a fairly high end pc to play it.
For example it only supports Dx 11 GPU's
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

And i also backed ED:
http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

2014 will be the begining of an epic space sim era, starting with this amazing game of LT!
Last edited by Blazar on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now