Return to “General”

Josh apologizes for another short day...

... still puts in more hours than your average worker.

And let's not get started on weekly hours, even on "short" weeks. Seriously, don't burn yourself out!
I personally find it baffling that you apologize when you have short days. And then your full days reach 14h? What is this?

Mind you, it has re-inspired me to look into getting back into programming. I once had a time when I put in 3 days straight of coding with no sleep. Of course, at the time I thought I was being clever with some rudimentary decision AI (LET'S MAKE THE RNG MAKE THE DECISIONS FOR THEM!), and I'd probably be ashamed today to show what my 3 days resulted in, as I'm sure any half decent programmer could have done as much in a couple hours tops.
But now I want to find ways to do better. Hopefully I find a good way to keep me motivated to trudge through the boring to get to the more interesting challenges.

Anyway, all that aside, what is everybody else's thoughts on Josh's hours? Anybody else think he's crazy for the amount he puts in (but love him for it anyway)?
Re: Josh apologizes for another short day...

Unless you guys got a pic of Josh, this is what I come up with...(Thanks for the initial statement of inspiration, FireryRage!)
Image Personally I love the show of passion and I commend Josh for sticking to it through thick and thin when most of us would have already given up. :clap:

I guess that's the difference between learning to love what you're doing and to do what you love.
In Josh we trust.

^ LOL.
Gazz wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:So, the bottom line is that you won't be seeing hourly tallies in the dev logs anymore, but you can visit:

devtime.ltheory.com
That's creepy!
So creepy I'm not even going to track his efficiency day by day, hour by hour... :shifty:

But seriously though, I think that's taking it too far. I hope the hardcore fans of tracking Josh's working schedule is happy. I'll just be happy reading the dev logs with or without the time tracking. ;)
In Josh we trust.

Err, well, I'm not trying to creep anyone out...if anything it was supposed to be a step down in rigor. Seriously, it takes a lot of work / concern off of me to have it all done automatically :thumbup:
TheSkyIsUp wrote:Not in direct reference to any one dev post, but yeah, this is how I feel:
Love it :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

...Then again, if I just gained $200k from a fundraiser, I'd be putting in 14 hour days too if I could. Even if you had a projected release date of 2 years from then, that'd be an average wage of $25-$30/hr.

Not that I'm complaining. I have a hard time putting in 50 hours a week. Mad props to Josh.

And now we got our own meme. :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:...Then again, if I just gained $200k from a fundraiser, I'd be putting in 14 hour days too if I could. Even if you had a projected release date of 2 years from then, that'd be an average wage of $25-$30/hr.

Not that I'm complaining. I have a hard time putting in 50 hours a week. Mad props to Josh.

And now we got our own meme. :lol:
Exactly, you all blew away my expectations by almost 4x, so it's only fair that I try to do the same :ugeek:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now