Return to “General”

Re: Star Map?

Ixos wrote:
Swordmania wrote:[
There. No symmetry. And no matter how much I loved this game, the map lacked something special.
Uhm no... that map got LOTs of symmetry (even if it's not 100% symmetric).
Ill just stop posting in this thread since you seem to miss the point. I don't want to start a fight or anything.

mcsven wrote:Did anyone see the RSI Star Citizen map demo video?

Thought it was interesting to see another implementation of what we've been talking about. Whilst it was basically hugely overkill - really don't need to be walking around in the map - there were both 3D and 2D options for the same map. I reckon that kind of thing is a good way of accommodating all preferences.
You read my mind was watching in live stream there were a lot of oohh's and ahhh's from very excited backers,also liked the 2d drop down let's just say Chris got a big thumbs up and then some,not sure Josh will go this nuts with a map but if he gets an idea we could see something special as he seems to be going the extra mile with everything else LT related. ;)

ThymineC wrote:I argue in favour of 3D maps, and my argument is thus.
So in other words the RTS view, just scaled up to galaxy size? :monkey:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
ThymineC wrote:I argue in favour of 3D maps, and my argument is thus.
So in other words the RTS view, just scaled up to galaxy size? :monkey:
Yes. It integrates perfectly. You can smoothly transition between viewing ships and fleets at one scale, the solar system as a whole at another, and then large regions of the galaxy at yet another.

Online Now