Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

I'm liking it CSE :twisted:

Incidentally, working on the entry for this month, I found a preview render for the first 20 seconds of the Sagan Quote Comic Thingy. As 2 seconds of footage took 48 hours to render the whole thing was totally impractical, but I've popped the preview on here for those who wondered what it might've looked like. It's in potato resolution, but you know, preview. :squirrel:
Spoiler:      SHOW

CSE wrote:HS, you know what your computer will be doing while you go on your next vacation! ;)
Looks awesome.

PS: do you know if it is possible in Vue to make a displacement map based on a texture image (and not a function)? - preparing the next entry :mrgreen:
Must admit, I've never tried! But I did just have a tinker and I switched it to displacement mapping and added a texture node in the function... And it gave me the option to open a bitmap.

So I think you can :twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
CSE wrote:HS, you know what your computer will be doing while you go on your next vacation! ;)
Looks awesome.

PS: do you know if it is possible in Vue to make a displacement map based on a texture image (and not a function)? - preparing the next entry :mrgreen:
Must admit, I've never tried! But I did just have a tinker and I switched it to displacement mapping and added a texture node in the function... And it gave me the option to open a bitmap.

Thanks, have to try within the function editor.
From the normal material editor, selecting a bitmap and then going to displacement removes the bitmap. Then you have no choice to reselect it. From the function editor I admit I did not try as I did not think of bitmap as suitable for a function :oops: .

IronDuke wrote:
CSE wrote: [edit] :oops: double post. Sorry for the breach of Netiquette, bus this story about spaceship driving etiquette made me forget all ;)
There's a couple days between them; you're good. :P

--IronDuke
NO HE ISN'T

HE BREACHED POST POLICY

HE POSTED AGAIN, BEING THE FIRST TO POST AFTER HIS LAST POST

BAN HIM! :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Looks awesome.

Somehow strange: it seems to work by connecting a greyscale image to the displacement node on the material preview (you see the shading, difficult to differentiate with bumps, though, but I connected nothing to the bump node) but on a rendered object: it comes out flat. Will try further if there are some tricks - would be interested to know if it worked for you, though.

(Not a triple post! :mrgreen: )

Online Now