Return to “Games”

Divergence D.O. Online

Just stumbled onto this and from a little research this could be rather big at one point it seems to be getting some recognition and the Indiegogo is over their 15k target,but safe to say this will walk greenlight selection or should do well on Kickstarter as the game is feature complete unlike CU and the lore is pretty well fleshed out as well just needs that extra cash boost.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/diver ... ine?c=home
Re: Divergence D.O. Online

Gazz wrote:About a quarter down through the whole thing they finally mention that it will be PVP-only. Bye!
Yeah weird how Camelot Unchained is going to be PVP and is getting stupid amount of money so there must be a market I see this as more like old SWG with full loot but thanx for the reply.

TanC wrote:Showing off e-peen is one thing, it's the attitude of the players online that gets to me the most. I was thoroughly enjoying SWTOR until the jerks showed up. Needless to say, they've lost one paying customer. :lol:
Yeah, I agree. The same reason why pvp is disabled on my minecraft server and you need build permissions for the permanent world.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
TanC wrote:Showing off e-peen is one thing, it's the attitude of the players online that gets to me the most. I was thoroughly enjoying SWTOR until the jerks showed up. Needless to say, they've lost one paying customer. :lol:
Yeah, I agree. The same reason why pvp is disabled on my minecraft server and you need build permissions for the permanent world.
Both of these.

I was really psyched about SWTOR. I quit WoW because of crap like that and now I'm done with SW as well. Here's hoping that GW2 and the guild I'm in are (mostly) oblivious to those problems.

As for Minecraft? I just gave up on that. The only server I'll play is a local one opened up for just me and my wife and really close friends. I hated all the griefers.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I think the big thing with this game and PVP is that the world is so large (infinite, apparently), that you could continue moving in one direction and find an area that is far away from everyone else. If you're worried about protection, join a large guild and build near the same area. Find an island and barricade it. Don't travel with all your expensive goodies in tow.

It just seems that the world is so large you won't have difficulty finding a piece of land to call your own.

There are plenty of games with open world PVP that will do/are doing well. Camelot to name one, which is surprising with the total lack of anything real to show for all that money. Eve Online has open world PVP with "safer" high sec areas where you can still be blown to bits. I imagine it will probably be similar to Eve. You might have some central areas/cities with guards that attack any unprovoked attacker. Ultima is the oldest example of great open world PVP games. ArcheAge is being pumped by everyone and will feature open world PVP.

And how different will it be with Limit Theory? What if you've got you or your AI transporting high value goods, when an enemy warps in and decides to blow it up?

Play smart, don't travel with all your expensive goods without protection, keep your eyes up, and you should be fine.

I will most likely be chipping in for an island. I love how this game should be a successor to SWG.

HyperionXL wrote:I think the big thing with this game and PVP is that the world is so large (infinite, apparently), that you could continue moving in one direction and find an area that is far away from everyone else. If you're worried about protection, join a large guild and build near the same area.
If isolation is your suggested solution for this multiplayer game then I see a major conceptual problem with that. =)
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:
HyperionXL wrote:I think the big thing with this game and PVP is that the world is so large (infinite, apparently), that you could continue moving in one direction and find an area that is far away from everyone else. If you're worried about protection, join a large guild and build near the same area.
If isolation is your suggested solution for this multiplayer game then I see a major conceptual problem with that. =)
That's just one option. And some might want to do just that. I frequently solo in multiplayer games, like Eve. Whenever I fly through low/null solo, I tread cautiously enough, with the right loadout, that I have never been caught.

Hell, there are tons of MMOs I would love with an offline SP mode.

But for those that want to group up,

Stick to a guarded area
Join a large guild
Only move out to your own land when you have enough resources to protect it
Hire guards/pay for protection from an allied guild
Play with close friends
Travel lightly
Travel during lower traffic times
Take the long way around

I affirm that gamers have been spoiled with easy games for far too long. I love the immersion that an open world PVP game can bring. I love the wars between PK'ers and PK-killing guilds. And carebear tears are the tastiest, even though I consider myself a carebear in most instances, I've always congradulated PK'ers because they had the wits to outsmart me and it pushes me to play smarter, more tactically, and more creatively in the future. I guess some might not find that fun, but D.O. isn't a game I would recommend for a casual player, same for most other games I play (Eve, Wurm, Mortal).

Every other MMO out there just fails to make you think about every action you take. Click here, attack this, bring loot back, get reward ad infinitum. What a yawn fest. Most cases there is no penalty for dying, no reward for playing tactically - its just restart and try again, same old, same old.

I'm happy a developer has the balls to bring something new to the table.

HyperionXL wrote: There are plenty of games with open world PVP that will do/are doing well. Camelot to name one, which is surprising with the total lack of anything real to show for all that money. Eve Online has open world PVP with "safer" high sec areas where you can still be blown to bits. I imagine it will probably be similar to Eve. You might have some central areas/cities with guards that attack any unprovoked attacker. Ultima is the oldest example of great open world PVP games. ArcheAge is being pumped by everyone and will feature open world PVP.
And exactly the reason why I'm not playing EVE. :)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now