Return to “Games”

Re: Starsector

Love this game & spent an incredible amount of time on the alpha last year ... Almost forgot to sleep :shock: ... The combat system is so fun to play ! And the customization of the ship :clap: :thumbup:

I don't know if anyone is still following the development of the game but there has been a blog post lately about the design of the incoming trade system http://fractalsoftworks.com/2014/03/02/on-trade-design/
Very different from LT economic system but still, seems interesting !

5anitybane wrote:But the combat, oh the combat! And the sprites are so detailed and well constructed.
Yeah exactly :D
I'm eager to test the coming trade system, this guy is really talented when it comes to gameplay so I want to see what he can do on trade mechanics :monkey:

Yeah, this game looks amazing. Love the sprites, I've even used them for inspiration! I think what bugs me is that old arena effect, which isolates exploration and combat. While the combat itself is fun, I don't want to have to go up to a ship to start a fight. I want to fire my lasers at a ship and have it react intelligently to the situation. Other than that, the game looks pretty cool.
Brian makes Art! Check out http://bk-creations.deviantart.com/ for more information! Suggestions are appreciated!

In Josh we trust.

CodeDecoded wrote:Yeah, this game looks amazing. Love the sprites, I've even used them for inspiration! I think what bugs me is that old arena effect, which isolates exploration and combat. While the combat itself is fun, I don't want to have to go up to a ship to start a fight. I want to fire my lasers at a ship and have it react intelligently to the situation. Other than that, the game looks pretty cool.
Unfortunately that's just the distinction between travel and combat the developer chose. That's also what I mentioned feels a bit offputting, but at the same time it isn't all that bad having to transition into a combat phase, per se. For all we know, the distance between fleets when their group rings touch in the travel mode, when zoomed in (if such an implementation was in the same), would be still quite a distance away, and out of range for most ships to fire, and thus substantiate the idea to have a separate combat phase.

Online Now