Return to “Games”

Re: Starsector

#109
Graf wrote:I have had my eye on this for a while. Is it worth picking up? It seems to be a bit like Space Pirates and Zombies, which I enjoyed though never finished.
It's better than SPAZ :V

It's worth buying.

Code: Select all

<+BMRX> Silver Invokes Lewdly Verbose Experiences Readily With Absurd Rectal Expeditions
Image
Image

Re: Starsector

#113
Silverware wrote:
Graf wrote:I have had my eye on this for a while. Is it worth picking up? It seems to be a bit like Space Pirates and Zombies, which I enjoyed though never finished.
It's better than SPAZ :V

It's worth buying.
This. SPAZ is a nice top down shooter. Starsector is more space combat simulator and is the better for it.

If Limit Theory comes even close to Starsector, it'll be awesome :twisted:
Image

Re: Starsector

#114
HowSerendipitous wrote: This. SPAZ is a nice top down shooter. Starsector is more space combat simulator and is the better for it.
Yeah, it seems really intense. I watched some videos and have been keeping an eye on development, but I don't have the money to pull the trigger.

My main complaint with SPAZ was that it was very difficult to pull off any sort of tactical manoeuvring (other than "RUN" or "ATTACK") because you only had fine control over one unit at a time. That and the repetitive nature of gameplay after 12 or so hours ("oh man, another star system where both factions hate me.") I probably shouldn't have started with the LUDICROUS sized galaxy to start with... Starsector, from what I can tell, gives you a lot more control over units you aren't piloting and has the player make more interesting decisions than what kind of weapon to put on your ship.
Libertas per Technica

Re: Starsector

#115
Graf wrote:That and the repetitive nature of gameplay after 12 or so hours ("oh man, another star system where both factions hate me.") I probably shouldn't have started with the LUDICROUS sized galaxy to start with...
Yeah, too big a galaxy and it gets old fast. If too small, instead, it becomes hard to fetch new technology and you tend to lag behind the tech curve.
My personal preference was to set the galaxy at 1/3rd of the suggested size. It struck a nice balance.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: Baile nam Fonn and 2 guests

cron