Return to “Games”

Underspace

I didn't find it in the forums here, so I thought I'll just drop that name real quick.

It remotely reminds me of an approx 20 year old game that seems to be quite popular here. Can someone help remind me which one that was?

I recommend the SpaceGameJunkie podcast that has the developer on it. Gives you a better idea of the vision than the trailer.
Really looking forward to this one! :)

Best,
MPX
Re: Underspace

FormalMoss wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 am
Those warp gates look suspiciously like Freelancer!
Even the graphics - it's almost like he took Freelancer and modded it into something else.. going to check the Kickstarter.

Thanks for the links :)
Although you should update your page to include the kickstarter link
its very much freelancer :lol:
they even have the circular station segments with the three rotating exhaust thingies xD

i hope they change the tone of the voice lines, though (and sound work in general needs to improve :lol: )
couldnt stand having aliens tell me that 10000stomachs dont protect you from getting diarreha xD

but yeah, great find 10L! i'd have thrown money at it if i'd known about it

With as much as people love freelancer here, I'm surprised I don't find this trailer very exciting. I guess it's because it doesn't have the elements that excited me about Limit Theory. I really want a game with markets, business/clan/faction ownership, which spurs dynamic encounters based on supply and demand of goods. This demand and limited supply for resources should be the driving force behind piracy, galactic empires and rebellions.

BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:50 pm
With as much as people love freelancer here, I'm surprised I don't find this trailer very exciting. I guess it's because it doesn't have the elements that excited me about Limit Theory. I really want a game with markets, business/clan/faction ownership, which spurs dynamic encounters based on supply and demand of goods. This demand and limited supply for resources should be the driving force behind piracy, galactic empires and rebellions.
To be fair, nothing is going to live up to what LT proposed.
Have you looked into Rebel Galaxy Outlaw?
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:09 pm
BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:50 pm
I've watched a few trailers and a video of the developer looking at his game. I haven't watched any post release footage. I'm guessing it's a shooter sort of like X-wing Alliance by the looks of it. Open world, shoot things, and do missions. Sort of like Elite.

BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 pm
FormalMoss wrote:
I've watched a few trailers and a video of the developer looking at his game. I haven't watched any post release footage. I'm guessing it's a shooter sort of like X-wing Alliance by the looks of it. Open world, shoot things, and do missions. Sort of like Elite.
More Wing Comander: Privateer than Elite.
It's actually nigh identical core elements to Privateer, down to the ships, and even the top tier weapon.

Very fun, very not freelancer.

Underspace looks like FL with a new skin, to the point where I'm not interested, because it therefore likely is hit by the same mistakes that FL was.
Will cross my fingers, but won't hold my breath.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:47 pm
BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 pm
FormalMoss wrote:
More Wing Comander: Privateer than Elite.
It's actually nigh identical core elements to Privateer, down to the ships, and even the top tier weapon.

Very fun, very not freelancer.

Underspace looks like FL with a new skin, to the point where I'm not interested, because it therefore likely is hit by the same mistakes that FL was.
Will cross my fingers, but won't hold my breath.
i played the demo for a few hours yesterday and it seems so far that they've taken the good parts, put some more good stuff into it and made it a /lot/ sillier/weirder

Online Now