Return to “Games”

Deep Rock Galactic

To summarize, it's a wild mishmash of Warhammer 40K, Dwarf Fortress, and a little bit of REKT. The game throws you into a wholly hostile alien cavern system and tasks you with retrieving valuable artifacts and minerals - while trying not to get killed by the nasty denizens of the caves (this happens frequently). It's uproariously great fun for a group, and the voice acting (and lines) are typically hilarious.

Yesterday, I went on a few missions with Lycurgus, TotallyNotHuman, and Silverware. We died more often than we extracted safely, but it was still awesome! We also got drunk (as dwarves are known to do) in the spaceport's bar:
Spoiler:      SHOW

Would heartily recommend this game, if you have three or four people to play with. :) It's still in early access, though, so they're still making frequent changes and additions.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Deep Rock Galactic

Graf wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 am
I'm going to check this out then! Maybe I can convince some friends to get it as well, as the coop looks awesome. Thanks for the review, Talv!
Join the IRC, there are five people there who play at the moment, so another would allow two groups of three.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Deep Rock Galactic

Graf wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:47 pm
Silverware wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Join the IRC, there are five people there who play at the moment, so another would allow two groups of three.
Yeah, I had a nice time when I was on there a few times with you all- I'll see about getting my client back up on the regular. :P
\o/

A convert!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now