Return to “Games”

Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera

You know, with all the CEOs of major publishers and development companies saying that "Online is the way to go" and that they'll "Only make internet games whether they're MMO or not", it is nice to see just how much interest and revenue can be generated with a game like this.

Especially with all the fuss about EA and SimCity currently going on. This proves that people do still want single player games without 'always on' DRM. This makes me really happy.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:You know, with all the CEOs of major publishers and development companies saying that "Online is the way to go" and that they'll "Only make internet games whether they're MMO or not", it is nice to see just how much interest and revenue can be generated with a game like this.

Especially with all the fuss about EA and SimCity currently going on. This proves that people do still want single player games without 'always on' DRM. This makes me really happy.
I'm pretty certain the big publishers are on crack.

Still, just managed to get myself in at one of the collector edition pledge levels... Marvellous!

Planescape was one of those games that became revered and beloved in -spite- of its popularity. Or rather, the lack thereof. I remember when it was released. Copies languished on the shelves of my local game stores for YEARS afterwards. It was an absolute flop, and only for the simple fact that no so few people knew what a great game it was. The kind of success its successor is having on Kickstarter is a touch of redemption, I think. It's validation that the original deserves its place as a classic and a foundational cornerstone of the genre, and that there's still that longing among gamers for a return to the core principles that made games like Planescape great to begin with.

Online Now