Return to “Games”

Proxi - Will Wright's New Game

That subject title alone would be enough to get my attention. But if you'd like a little more detail: how'd you like to play a game that invites you to describe your memories and then plays with them?

"This is a game where we actually uncover the hidden you, your subconscious, your inner-Id, and bring it to the surface and bring it to life so you can interact with it, you can play with it, you can learn from it, and it can learn from you," explained Wright.

"We do this primarily by pulling out memories from your past, those unique things that happened in your life that make you who you are."

Apparently it's a mobile game, so I'm guessing Wright has decided that big, complex games worth playing on a PC are a bad idea. But that doesn't mean there can't be depth to a mobile game; just that any depth has to happen on a server, not locally, and that the variety of input expressiveness is limited. "Playing with memories" could be fascinating.

Of course, some people might point out that advertisers and intelligence agencies might love to get access to a system containing your secrets....

Any interest?
Re: Proxi - Will Wright's New Game

Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:40 pm
That subject title alone would be enough to get my attention
You are absolutely right! :D (Or, wright, should I say? :ghost:) I clicked on this thread as fast as I did completely because I saw "Will Wright" in the title.

It sounds interesting, but as soon as I saw "mobile only", I regret to say it completely lost my interest. I just don't play mobile games. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Proxi - Will Wright's New Game

Will Wright designed my childhood, I'm beyond excited for this, and the premise is fascinating. I look forward to its development! Thanks for showing us Flat! :thumbup:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now