Return to “Games”

BOARDGAMES! (digital ones)

So, seeing as Tabletop Simulator is so freaking cheap currently.
There is a group of people from the IRC who plan to play a game or 50 on it on the weekend. (this weekend)

Currently I am planning on the following time frames.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ if you can't find yours...

Code: Select all

UTC - 7 : 1000 SAT Pacific USA
UTC - 6 : 1100 SAT Mountain USA
UTC - 5 : 1200 SAT Central USA
UTC - 4 : 1300 SAT Eastern USA
UTC + 1 : 1800 SAT Britain
UTC + 2 : 1900 SAT Europe
UTC +10 : 0300 SUN Eastern Australia
UTC +12 : 0500 SUN New Zealand
The biggest issue here is getting Europeans and the Australians alive at the same time as Americans.
Throw your interest in, and if you don't see your TZ in there, let me know what it is and I'll add it.

Edit: Screwed the numbers up on first pass.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: BOARDGAMES! (digital ones)

Despite Silver reading "I don't have much time atm" as "I'll join you this week", I'm not actually home this weekend or the weekend after that :P
However, I love boardgames so I'll definitely try to join one of the times after that. Just not sure when, I'm away many weekends during the summer...
But as I hope this will be a regular thing and not one of Silver's 'once and never again' MP sessions that shouldn't be a problem :ghost:

(UTC+2 atm because summer time)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Yeah, Dino, I was talking about Corn joining us. :P
No I wasn't I just don't want to be wrong.

But it should be good at least. Me and Lycurgus did have fun with it at the least.
There's a whole damn bunch of games available on the Workshop, and I am trying to talk Talvieno into running something simple and fun. (like HQRPG :V )
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am
I've been volunteered to serve as GM, so I'll probably look into learning it and figuring out how everything works sometime soon. :)
Yay \o/ resident DM in the virtual-house. :D
Cha0zz wrote:I might join too, not 100% sure yet
Cool :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

We did things!

It was only Silver, Cha0zz and I, but we screwed around, made a lot of messes, played Exploding Kittens, and tried to play a couple other things as well. We had a terrible lack of direction, though - most of the games silver wanted to play required at least four people, and few games seem well-suited for only three.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:16 pm
:eh: Plenty off games work fine with three. Most games you can play with 4 people do.
It seems you needed to pick games before the session instead of during, rather. :P
This will likely be the case for the next few.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Some ideas:
-Catan (anywhere from 3 to 6 players, takes a while to play)
-Lords of Waterdeep (2 to 5)
-Carcassone (2 to 5)
-Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game (2 to 4)
-Descent: Journeys in the Dark (2 to 5, kind of an RPG-lite where one dude plays the evil lord and the others play RPG heroes in a premade campaign)
-Codenames (2 to 8, you really need mics for most people for this as it's kind of a party game)
-Ticket to Ride (2 to 5, easy to play and explain)
-Bohnanza (2 to 7, easy to learn)
-Cosmic Encounter (3 to 8)

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/wiki/wsig

(note: I have not played all of these, nor am I sure they're all on the workshop)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now