Return to “Games”

CyberPunk 2077

We didn't have a thread for this? What?
Anyhow, due to reasons I recently read a few the stories about the tabletop RPG it's based on (Cyberpunk 2020 and now I'm suddenly excited, because it sounds cool. :ghost:
(It has some kind off REKT-ish vibes like 'one bullet can kill you' and 'style is important', and one of the classes is Netrunner :D )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: CyberPunk 2077

Well, the teaser did a good job of setting the tone of the game, which appeals to me, but didn't tell me anything about what you actually do
(is it something like the witcher, with one protagonist? Or is it more like other rpg's with player classes etc? What are the mechanics etc etc)

Don't think I saw those reviews, no. Will see if I find them (unless you have linkies of course)

This one with GameRant came out around the time of the teaser trailer.

And this Glixel story from 2017 is good.

Really, there's not much information yet. Everyone involved is staying very quiet about it. My guess is that they'll start their PR push late this year or by mid-2018, with a release by Christmas 2018 or Q1 2019.

We'll see. :D

So, there were a few more bits of info about this after the Gamescom. Apparently, there are A LOT of devs at RED working on this and they are making good progress. Really looking forward to new material to show us.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

New cinematic (but in-engine) trailer
Lots of stuff, and there is a netrunner.
Dino approves :D

Edit: oh right, and they hid some FAQ in split frames in the trailer:
It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.
As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).
But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!
Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?
When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.
How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.
Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.
Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.
Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

That was a gorgeous and amazing trailer. I'd expect nothing less from CDPR. I'm hyped for it, but I'm guessing it won't be out until at least late 2019, more than likely 2020, seeing as they don't even know how big it's going to be yet. Definitely something to look forward to :D
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

My guesstimate of mid-2018 seems to have been on-track for a PR reveal.

That said, I was sort of underwhelmed by the "subway video." To the extent that it's representive of some of the world of the eventual game, that's nice. But I was thinking we'd see actual gameplay video by this point.

Based on not seeing that, and CDPR's (perfectly reasonable) comments, I now guess the earliest we'll play this one is Christmas 2019.

Still very much looking forward to it.

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 am
PCGamer and RPS did a preview article about the handsoff E3 demo (ie they didn't play it, it was played in front of them)

I'm getting to the point where I really dislike having control yanked away from me, or being shoved into third-person, so that the developers can force me to sit through whatever they think is so cool. Ditto for real-time QTE-like interactions -- if I wanted to have to think that fast in conversation, I'd be an extrovert.

That said... wow. From the PCGamer story, this is sounding incredible -- like a cross between a Bethesda open-world game and one of the modern Deus Ex games.

Out soon? I hope?

I noticed you took the RPS link out of the quote, Flatfingers. :lol:

After reading the review, I'm very much intrigued. The trailer by itself, while it looked cool, didn't really grab my attention because it's hard to tell how much of that is game-rendered (probably little) and how much is the actual game. The review spoke much louder and says a lot of awesome things that really appeal to me - character customization, lots of roleplay, big atmospheric sci-fi world to explore. :D I'm looking forward to this.

Edit: Slight witcher 3 spoilers possibly
Spoiler:      SHOW
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now