Return to “Games”

Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2016

Silverware wrote:DO IT GET RIMWORLD!
:D

Rimworld is great. You wont regret it.
I'm boycotting RimWorld until colonist pregnancy is added.
It is to me an unforgivably conspicuous omission and I'm bitterly opposed to forced sterilization of virtual human beings.
Otherwise I'm delighted with game (I've watched many hours of various youtubers' let's plays) and proud that it's Canadian-born.
Arclite wrote: Stardew Valley (want to play concurrently with daughter so we can talk about it)
Such a good buy. :D
Game of the year for me.

Looked again at JC 3 but the reviewers decrying the persisting performance problems have scared me off again.
This War of Mine just caught my eye.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Baile nam Fonn wrote:I'm boycotting RimWorld until colonist pregnancy is added.
It is to me an unforgivably conspicuous omission and I'm bitterly opposed to forced sterilization of virtual human beings.
Then you will be waiting a long long time.

The decision not to add pregnancy was purely around gameplay.
Characters last a few weeks typically in game. You dont often survive a map for more than 2-3 years.
And in that case infants purely become resource drains without benefit.
Its better they all have birthcontrol.

However with the new addition of the map coming in the next release, the gameplay might become more long term.
If it does, then infants and children would become a worthy addition to the game, and other forms of gathering colonists could be lowered.

Basically why T F are you boycotting for a very good gameplay reason why something isn't included?
Tyrion himself has mentioned his reasons multiple times on the forums and dev blogs.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Grumblesaur wrote:Don't bother with Stellaris.
:lol: :lol:

I have over two hundred hours in that game and enjoyed every minute of it. It's the game I've played most on Steam. I would certainly recommend it, with one note. If you go into it expecting anything but a new experience you're going to be disappointed. That's why most people dislike it. They expect it to be something else. Seems you did too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Flatfingers wrote:I really should be playing Dishonored 2 right now (or getting past the first hour of Dragon Age: Inquisition), but those pesky Nords won't let me go!
Are you back in Skyrim again, Flat? It's not a bad way to spend your time, that's for sure. :thumbup: :D

Are you sticking with your well equipped character in the original or have you moved on to SSE? :angel:

( I remember you saying how much time you had spent crafting that weapon)

Flatfingers wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:I really don't need any more games, cheap or otherwise. :angel:
Same here.

I really should be playing Dishonored 2 right now (or getting past the first hour of Dragon Age: Inquisition), but those pesky Nords won't let me go!
Mod idea, 1000 nords in full armor, vs you, as a dragon.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Talvieno wrote:

I have over two hundred hours in that game and enjoyed every minute of it. It's the game I've played most on Steam. I would certainly recommend it, with one note. If you go into it expecting anything but a new experience you're going to be disappointed. That's why most people dislike it. They expect it to be something else. Seems you did too.
Stellaris, and Paradox games in general, are a new experience to me. My expectations that weren't met were to do with how narrow the game is. When your victory conditions are mass xenocide, mass enslavement, or mass colonization, there really isn't a whole lot of difference (you're going to have to kill or enslave anyone blocking your way to colonizable planets anyway). Diplomacy serves zero use other than staving off an inevitable war. Whoever has the bigger number above their fleet wins the fight, and you can lose several in-game years of progress just because the RNG decided you needed to have an extinction event happen to your people.

Stellaris is a nice game to shoot the shit over with friends in a Discord channel/Skype call, but for a game that takes place across a literal galaxy, it's lacking a lot of depth and breadth.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
Talvieno wrote:

Stellaris, and Paradox games in general, are a new experience to me. My expectations that weren't met were to do with how narrow the game is. When your victory conditions are mass xenocide, mass enslavement, or mass colonization, there really isn't a whole lot of difference (you're going to have to kill or enslave anyone blocking your way to colonizable planets anyway). Diplomacy serves zero use other than staving off an inevitable war. Whoever has the bigger number above their fleet wins the fight, and you can lose several in-game years of progress just because the RNG decided you needed to have an extinction event happen to your people.

Stellaris is a nice game to shoot the shit over with friends in a Discord channel/Skype call, but for a game that takes place across a literal galaxy, it's lacking a lot of depth and breadth.
Give it a dozen expansions then :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
Silverware wrote:DO IT GET RIMWORLD!
:D

Rimworld is great. You wont regret it.
I'm boycotting RimWorld until colonist pregnancy is added.
Otherwise I'm delighted with game (I've watched many hours of various youtubers' let's plays) and proud that it's Canadian-born.
Arclite wrote: Stardew Valley (want to play concurrently with daughter so we can talk about it)
Such a good buy. :D
Game of the year for me.

Looked again at JC 3 but the reviewers decrying the persisting performance problems have scared me off again.
This War of Mine just caught my eye.
I have a 5-year-old Core i5, GTX 670, and 8GB of RAM, and JC 3 runs fine for me. My son and I have dozens of hours into it, and own all the expansions.

I hear This War of Mine is unrelentingly bleak.

Pregnancy in Rimworld: You just want to see those little blobs humping away, don't you. DON'T YOU? :P
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Arclite wrote:Pregnancy in Rimworld: You just want to see those little blobs humping away, don't you. DON'T YOU? :P
Bed-sharing colonists have been in-game for a while now, and yes, they have lovin' interactions too.
All animal life in the game, wild and domestic, can reproduce.
There's primitive, modern, even future medicine. Blood-relations between colonists.

With all of this, why are these little blobs denied the sweet cries of a new-born from their own loins, heralding hope when it is needed most?
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now