Return to “Games”

Re: Steam Sale Time!

Games I'm going to get:
  1. The Talos Principle is $10 right now. It's a first-person puzzle game, which y'all may not be used to, but if you're a big fan of sci-fi or games that are heavy on philosophy, then you'll probably love it.
  2. Deadly Premonition and D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die are both under $5 right now. They're both incredibly weird but quietly brilliant, or so I've heard.
  3. Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light are both under $3. They're post-apocalyptic shooters that were very under-hyped.
Games I've played and can personally recommend:
  1. Her Story is only $5, and is a crime mystery that's waaayyyyy fun to try to solve. It won a bunch of awards this past game awards season. And if you play it, I want to hear your theories!!!
  2. Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.
  3. If you want to be hit right in the feels, Life Is Strange is $10 right now. Writing about it is making me want to replay it...
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

AlexWasLike wrote:.... Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.
Which, by the way, is the maximum number of hours of fun I can get out of any game these days that's not already grandfathered in (Morrowind, Freelancer, and CSS :P ). So it's high praise and I highly recommend Empyrion!! I think it's something a lot of you guys would enjoy ;) If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

Definitely can't wait to check out the offerings when I get home from work. Fingers crossed for some wishlist discounted goodies :D

EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JFSOCC wrote:I got 461 hours in FTL: Faster Than Light and it's on sale for 3 Euro (so about 4 dollars? maybe 5?)
so yeah, don't buy it, we'll never get LT that way.
Holy....that's impressive. Thanks for the heads-up, will avoid at all costs :lol: Although I am not allowed to play games at the office, other than LT :) The boss is always watching...:ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
JFSOCC wrote:I got 461 hours in FTL: Faster Than Light and it's on sale for 3 Euro (so about 4 dollars? maybe 5?)
so yeah, don't buy it, we'll never get LT that way.
Holy....that's impressive. Thanks for the heads-up, will avoid at all costs :lol: Although I am not allowed to play games at the office, other than LT :) The boss is always watching...:ghost:
Indeed I am. :ghost: :twisted: :squirrel:

((I had to take the joke before someone else did. =D ))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

IronDuke wrote:
JoshParnell wrote: EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:
Giz me screenie? I wanna see if better than mine. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Here's a link to its Steam Workshop page :V

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Talvieno wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:... If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)
I would get it just for this, even though I'm trying to save money. :D Assuming you guys actually had time for it.
I can't speak for Josh, but I'd be down :0

- Stephen Sondheim

Hell I might even be down, although I do dislike these sorts of games now, they are too poorly optimized, mostly due to the scale and number of voxels included.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

AlexWasLike wrote: Games I'm going to get:
[*]Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light are both under $3. They're post-apocalyptic shooters that were very under-hyped.[/list]
Have both, yet to get stuck into them.. whenever I get tired of Diablo 3, I suppose. :)
AlexWasLike wrote: Games I've played and can personally recommend:
  1. Her Story is only $5, and is a crime mystery that's waaayyyyy fun to try to solve. It won a bunch of awards this past game awards season. And if you play it, I want to hear your theories!!!
Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.
AlexWasLike wrote: [*]If you want to be hit right in the feels, Life Is Strange is $10 right now. Writing about it is making me want to replay it...[/list]
I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now