Return to “Games”

Re: Steam Sale Time!

BFett wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
BFett wrote:...
And I guess that's it for now. I'm basically looking for a solid sandbox space game that can hold my attention for a couple hundred hours worth of play.
Have you heard of Limit Theory? It's not out yet but it has some really cool stuff... :ghost: Sounds like what you're looking for... :ghost:

--IronDuke
Really? What kind of cool stuff? Does it have economics and space battles? :ghost:
MORE THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE!!!
:squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Lum wrote:That's a Han Solo's line in A New Hope!

Luke Skywalker: Well, more wealth than you can imagine!
Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.

:ghost: :ghost:
Yep, that's what I was going off of. :)

Luke Skywalker: Well, more wealth than you can imagine!
Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.
Luke Skywalker: You'll get it.
Han Solo: I'd better.
Luke Skywalker: You will!

/starwars nerd

I just bought Sleeping Dogs Definite Edition and Remember Me + DLC.
Installing the latter as we speak (the former requires disk space I do not have atm).

RM is a sure buy. I knew the game already, sort of.
But I should like SDDE as well. Undercover cop, Hong Kong, Martial arts, AND Pork bun? It is a winner.

Oh, and I congratulate with Baile nam Fonn for the excellent pick.
I have been playing Endless Legend since February this year. Very polished. Finely detailed. Lovely soundtrack. All factions are well balanced, and yet play differently -or even very differently- from each other.
Name a 4X -> I played it -> and it invariably bored me to tears. Not Endless Legend.
The only criticism I move to the game is the lack of a proper graphics menu from which to pick individual settings. Right now you have to choose from presets you do not know the details of. As the game's graphics can be quite demanding, having only presets to go by can be unnecessarily taxing for one's system. In other games lowering this or that individual graphic trait can improve performance without sensibly detracting from the overal picture quality, but in Endless Legend this is not possible. The devs patch it on a regular basis, though, and there is hope that they will implement a proper graphics menu. Or you can head over to the Amplitude forums and make your voice heard ;)

BFett wrote:
IronDuke wrote: MORE THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE!!!
:squirrel:

--IronDuke
Idunno, I can imagine quite a bit.
Can I borrow some of that? I had this odd dream that I really want to remember because it had Batman in it somewhere. :ghost: :shh:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

BMRX wrote:Got my hands on The Forest. Sweet game.
I have been looking at it since it was announced...but I am not a good person when it comes to horror games. And it looks amazing(ly horrible). I am the type who jumps, swears, and decides "I'm just gonna cheat so that I don't have to worry about dying" and then after that, it goes downhill. Haha

Some games that I saw were heavily discounted(Under $10 USD) and had good reviews:

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order 8.99USD
2. Endless Legend (I am gonna grab it in the next few days before the sale ends I believe). 10.19USD
3. All of the Bioshock games(I played the first one YEARS ago but never finished it. I think I pirated it so I might want to legitimately buy it this time around). 3.99USD, 3.99USD, 7.49USD(in order)
4. The Walking Dead 6.24USD
5. Terraria (I can never seem to pull the trigger on it) 3.39USD
6. Game Dev Tycoon 6.39USD
Last edited by Charley_Deallus on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
BMRX wrote:Got my hands on The Forest. Sweet game.
I have been looking at it since it was announced...but I am not a good person when it comes to horror games. And it looks amazing(ly horrible). I am the type who jumps, swears, and decides "I'm just gonna cheat so that I don't have to worry about dying" and then after that, it goes downhill. Haha
This game would be great with a friend, someone to confide your fear in at least. It's kinda scary I guess. Nothing has really made me "jump", turns out if you're quick enough you can play the game without being noticed by the cannibals. I intend to move far away from their cave and base so that I can build up a base then draw them to me. My plan is to build effigies with their corpses whilst eating them (they seem to be a bountiful food supply and from what I've gathered they can be eaten).

I'm pretty excited all and all. Just wish I had someone to help.
:D

Online Now