Scanner Sombre

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Scanner Sombre

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 pm

bought, played and finished Scanner Sombre today.

cool concept and i had a lot of fun with it :D

despite it being quite short (like all walking simulators...).

the base mechanic (the laser scanning vision) is quite fun (although its visible occasionally that its just a fancy render thing, like scanned points on the few moving objects there are)
and the one scary/horror section there is was weeping angel level for me :D (as in: "sent shivers down my spine" )

rest of the game was tame beyond one shock moment and a couple of a bit scary moments.

all in all it was very fun, but short.

would recommend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47519 ... er_Sombre/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFlo9FEfaY
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Re: Scanner Sombre

Postby JanB1 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:59 am

I would like to see a game where you REALLY have to rescan your environment to see moving objects or things that changed. It sure would leave great traces. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Silverware » Wed May 03, 2017 1:06 am

JanB1 wrote:I would like to see a game where you REALLY have to rescan your environment to see moving objects or things that changed. It sure would leave great traces. :D

Multiplayer game of tag.

The spray dots last about 3 seconds, and are all uniform size. Color is distance from you. :V
movement DOESNT move the dots. :V

EVERYONE can see the dots as they appear :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:59 am

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:I would like to see a game where you REALLY have to rescan your environment to see moving objects or things that changed. It sure would leave great traces. :D

Multiplayer game of tag.

The spray dots last about 3 seconds, and are all uniform size. Color is distance from you. :V

Nah. Not everyone. Just the people you share sensory data with. It wouldn't make sense if EVERYONE could see them. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Silverware » Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:

Multiplayer game of tag.

Nah. Not everyone. Just the people you share sensory data with. It wouldn't make sense if EVERYONE could see them. :D

The idea is to make spraying be a doubled edged sword. People can see where you are charging through. But you can also use it to distract people. :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby BFett » Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Duskers does this quite well. Most of the game is spent clearing rooms while the rest of it is collecting resources in order to survive.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:21 am

BFett wrote:

Duskers does this quite well. Most of the game is spent clearing rooms while the rest of it is collecting resources in order to survive.

Imma have a look into it... :think:
Nothing to see here

JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Talvieno » Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 am

It looks pretty, but seems too short to draw my interest.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:16 am

Talvieno wrote:It looks pretty, but seems too short to draw my interest.

it is very short, yes.

my game time on steam is the first playthrough scanning everything thoroughly and then another run through with looking at the interesting parts with the new game + tools.
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Return to Games