Return to “Games”

Scanner Sombre

bought, played and finished Scanner Sombre today.

cool concept and i had a lot of fun with it :D

despite it being quite short (like all walking simulators...).

the base mechanic (the laser scanning vision) is quite fun (although its visible occasionally that its just a fancy render thing, like scanned points on the few moving objects there are)
and the one scary/horror section there is was weeping angel level for me :D (as in: "sent shivers down my spine" )

rest of the game was tame beyond one shock moment and a couple of a bit scary moments.

all in all it was very fun, but short.

would recommend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47519 ... er_Sombre/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFlo9FEfaY
Re: Scanner Sombre

JanB1 wrote:I would like to see a game where you REALLY have to rescan your environment to see moving objects or things that changed. It sure would leave great traces. :D
Multiplayer game of tag.

The spray dots last about 3 seconds, and are all uniform size. Color is distance from you. :V
movement DOESNT move the dots. :V

EVERYONE can see the dots as they appear :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:I would like to see a game where you REALLY have to rescan your environment to see moving objects or things that changed. It sure would leave great traces. :D
Multiplayer game of tag.

The spray dots last about 3 seconds, and are all uniform size. Color is distance from you. :V

Nah. Not everyone. Just the people you share sensory data with. It wouldn't make sense if EVERYONE could see them. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Multiplayer game of tag.

Nah. Not everyone. Just the people you share sensory data with. It wouldn't make sense if EVERYONE could see them. :D
The idea is to make spraying be a doubled edged sword. People can see where you are charging through. But you can also use it to distract people. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Duskers does this quite well. Most of the game is spent clearing rooms while the rest of it is collecting resources in order to survive.

BFett wrote:
Duskers does this quite well. Most of the game is spent clearing rooms while the rest of it is collecting resources in order to survive.
Imma have a look into it... :think:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

made a few short videos of it, because mr Manley made a video of it and i pulled it out of the library again at that opportunity.
Scott also managed to avoid a few things, i put them at least on video :ghost:
(with maximum professional level video editing. read: none. its just the nvidia capture output barfed onto youtube :ghost: )

first one is some general gameplay, with a few of the things scott didnt notice :ghost:

second one is the moment in the game that still scares the shit out of me :D

and the last one with the prettiest capture in the game (in my opinion)
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Thu May 24, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now