Return to “Games”

Re: Doom (2016)

Wow we didn't have a thread for it?
How many of you have finished it? (I haven't, no spoileroonis please)
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

BMRX wrote:Ultra-Violence, Nightmare, and Ultra-Nightmare I've conquered them all. :D
I'm like 75% through Ultra-Violence. I'm upset we can't play ultra-nightmare by default because I always like my first playthrough to be on the hardest difficulty possible.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
BMRX wrote:Ultra-Violence, Nightmare, and Ultra-Nightmare I've conquered them all. :D
I'm like 75% through Ultra-Violence. I'm upset we can't play ultra-nightmare by default because I always like my first playthrough to be on the hardest difficulty possible.
Gaining the right to play it is a bit silly, but I can also see why they did it.

You should have jumped on nightmare though, ultra-nightmare is just nightmare with 1 life.
:D

BMRX wrote:
Black--Snow wrote:
Gaining the right to play it is a bit silly, but I can also see why they did it.

You should have jumped on nightmare though, ultra-nightmare is just nightmare with 1 life.
Nightmare wasn't unlocked for me at the start unless I'm already playing on it. I'm definitely playing on the hardest difficulty I could select.

MrPerson wrote:I played through it on the "Medium" like difficulty, but I don't feel the replay value like I do with the original 2 DOOMs for some reason.
This is kinda how I feel. But I'm chalking the reason up to me being an old fogey who believes in the 'good ole days' of FPS.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Personally I found the "medium" difficulty far, far too easy. I never died. That was kind of boring for me. Ultra-violence is where it's at. Possibly harder... but I'll have to see.

In any case, yes, I would feel the game had no replay value if I played through on "Hurt me plenty", which does exactly as advertised: you get hurt a lot because you can afford not to bother to dodge shots. And where's the fun in that?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:BMRX and I are going to have a multiplayer showdown this weekend. Anyone that wants to join is welcome! :)
Imma try to hop in. Gimme time and date (UTC) and I'll see if it's possible for me. :thumbup:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Tal's thinking it might be sometime around 8-10pm UTC.... but don't quote me on that. I could be wrong with my conversions. :ghost:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now