Return to “Games”

Nier Automata

How is there no thread for this game yet?!

Alright, so I've never played any of the other Nier games. Apparently this one is a spinoff from a joke ending in one of the original games. From what I hear, the original was set in a fantasy land, but this one is almost dystopian future. Due to life issues, I haven't been able to play too deep into it, but I can say that the combat is definitely fun, the characters are amusing, and the setting and plot so far? Pretty damn good.

You play as a bad-ass sword-swinging android sent to earth to try and reclaim it from an attacking race of machines. Might sound a bit out of left field, but incredibly fun. I'll leave the trailer here.
Image Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Re: Nier Automata

Baile nam Fonn wrote:On my wishlist, but the asking price is ..steep, for me. :|
I hope it goes on sale sometime soon. Summer sale or something, hopefully with a nice, juicy discount. :)
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

Talvieno wrote:
JanB1 wrote:I heard you have to play at least 3 endings to fully enjoy it. :roll:
That's not necessarily a downside. The Stanley Parable has at least ten different endings, and you find yourself wanting to explore as many as possible. :lol:
Dinosawer wrote:
JanB1 wrote:I heard you have to play at least 3 endings to fully enjoy it. :roll:
Linear game: "THIS HAS NO REPLAY VALUE"
Non-linear game: "YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT N TIMES TO REALLY ENJOY IT"

:ghost:
I'm sorry, I clicked the wrong one. Got the wrong smiley there. Imo this is of course a good thing and not a bad one!

Sorry for the confusion. :shifty:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

They mean 3 Play-throughs to 'really' enjoy it.

But yeah, I have like 5 endings and I haven't beaten it yet.... mostly because I haven't had time, but same idea.

BMRX; you should start a new game just to die in the first overhead shooter part. :P
Image Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now