Return to “Games”

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

That is looking really nice, Chris.

1. Will it be possible for enterprising sorts to fiddle with the shader code? This isn't any kind of criticism of what you've shown here; it's more that I know some people enjoy playing Graphics Tweaking: The Game to make the gameworld fit their own preferences for how a fantasy world should look.

2. Are you planning to have a demo video for the Kickstarter? I don't know why, but there seem to be a lot of people these days who want to watch videos instead of reading to get information about a new game. It's also true that the failures of some Kickstarted projects have increased the value of a video showing actual (even if very early) footage of the game in action.

Looking forward to 6/6!

Flatfingers wrote:That is looking really nice, Chris.

1. Will it be possible for enterprising sorts to fiddle with the shader code? This isn't any kind of criticism of what you've shown here; it's more that I know some people enjoy playing Graphics Tweaking: The Game to make the gameworld fit their own preferences for how a fantasy world should look.
Short answer: I'd love that to be possible, but as I'm using Unreal Engine, I don't know if it can be done. If it is possible then I'll put some work in to make it easier.
2. Are you planning to have a demo video for the Kickstarter? I don't know why, but there seem to be a lot of people these days who want to watch videos instead of reading to get information about a new game. It's also true that the failures of some Kickstarted projects have increased the value of a video showing actual (even if very early) footage of the game in action.

Looking forward to 6/6!
Yes, definitely a demo video. I've been setting up the shots and beginning to record footage this week... I can't see how I can expect people to back it without some idea of actual gameplay, and whilst I'm not ready to put out a demo, a decent video is the next best thing.

Chris
Maker of Sol Trader and Ealdorlight

chrismdp wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: 1. Will it be possible for enterprising sorts to fiddle with the shader code? This isn't any kind of criticism of what you've shown here; it's more that I know some people enjoy playing Graphics Tweaking: The Game to make the gameworld fit their own preferences for how a fantasy world should look.
Short answer: I'd love that to be possible, but as I'm using Unreal Engine, I don't know if it can be done. If it is possible then I'll put some work in to make it easier.
In Unreal, it DEFINITELY should be possible. For the rendering node, you take the data from a text file as the input instead of a fixed value. Should be done easily.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Dinosawer wrote:...apparently they only accept credit cards. Not even maestro.
What kind of backwards cavemen are they
Dunno. But the problem with PayPal is: When a project on Kickstarter doesn't get funded, the money gets transferred back to you (right?), and I dunno if that's so easy with PayPal...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now