Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#92
chrismdp wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote::shifty: Will the game box have full colour artwork, Chris? :angel:
I'm seriously considering making one just for you, Victor! If the campaign is a runaway success, you never know... :lol:
You could always add a limited tier for those who prefer a boxed game, Chris. I'm not the only one in the world of gaming who prefers a tangible product.

I know it's unlikely I will see a box if it's not part of the reward structure, that's for sure. :P I've backed several KS projects which supplied a boxed product, the developers concerned were no bigger than your enterprise. :angel:
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#94
chrismdp wrote:By boxed copy are you talking about a blu-ray style box, or a classic old cardboard box from the 90s?
Even my beloved Freelancer game came in a plastic DVD case/box, Chris. I do still receive games in cardboard boxes but they are usually premium items containing not only the game and manual but a statue and other collector items. I'd be more than happy with a plastic DVD case/box with artwork and a printed manual. :thumbup: :angel:
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#95
Victor Tombs wrote:
chrismdp wrote:By boxed copy are you talking about a blu-ray style box, or a classic old cardboard box from the 90s?
Even my beloved Freelancer game came in a plastic DVD case/box, Chris. I do still receive games in cardboard boxes but they are usually premium items containing not only the game and manual but a statue and other collector items. I'd be more than happy with a plastic DVD case/box with artwork and a printed manual. :thumbup: :angel:
*Cough* CDsoundtrack *cough* :twisted:
Image
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#96
HowSerendipitous wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:
chrismdp wrote:By boxed copy are you talking about a blu-ray style box, or a classic old cardboard box from the 90s?
Even my beloved Freelancer game came in a plastic DVD case/box, Chris. I do still receive games in cardboard boxes but they are usually premium items containing not only the game and manual but a statue and other collector items. I'd be more than happy with a plastic DVD case/box with artwork and a printed manual. :thumbup: :angel:
*Cough* CDsoundtrack *cough* :twisted:
That would be wonderful, HowSerendipitous. :D I was trying not to be too demanding but the addition of the soundtrack on CD would be perfect. :thumbup: :angel:
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#97
Baile nam Fonn wrote:That core gameplay loop-web has my heart all aflutter. :mrgreen:
As I mentioned in my comments on the draft project, I also was very pleased by the inclusion of that diagram. :D

It's not just that I like interesting diagrams of system-connections generally (although I do). It's that the inclusion of such a graphic in a funding request sends the message, "I have considered carefully how these systems will interact, and I understand them well enough to be able to show you a diagram of them. I'm crafting gameplay systems thoughtfully here, not just at random, to maximize their fun for you."

:thumbup:
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#98
Ok, based on feedback, I'm thinking of making a couple of reward tier changes which I'd love some last minute feedback on!
  • I'm thinking of adding a new £75 tier which includes a special mention in the credits, Alpha build access, and access to the private team Slack channel.
  • I'm thinking of adding a limited edition cellowrapped boxed copy (Victor will be happy :D ), which includes numbered DVDs, the CD soundtrack and a booklet manual insert. I'm thinking about adding this to the £100 tier, alongside the naming of an ancestor.
Does that sounds reasonable and at about the right level, or too expensive or too cheap? It's really hard to tell. Any and all opinions very welcome! (Still no promises -- thinking it through!)
Maker of Sol Trader and Ealdorlight
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#100
chrismdp wrote:Ok, based on feedback, I'm thinking of making a couple of reward tier changes which I'd love some last minute feedback on!
  • I'm thinking of adding a new £75 tier which includes a special mention in the credits, Alpha build access, and access to the private team Slack channel.
  • I'm thinking of adding a limited edition cellowrapped boxed copy (Victor will be happy :D ), which includes numbered DVDs, the CD soundtrack and a booklet manual insert. I'm thinking about adding this to the £100 tier, alongside the naming of an ancestor.
Does that sounds reasonable and at about the right level, or too expensive or too cheap? It's really hard to tell. Any and all opinions very welcome! (Still no promises -- thinking it through!)
Do that and I can guarantee a £100 backer :twisted:
Image
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#101
chrismdp wrote:Ok, based on feedback, I'm thinking of making a couple of reward tier changes which I'd love some last minute feedback on!
  • I'm thinking of adding a new £75 tier which includes a special mention in the credits, Alpha build access, and access to the private team Slack channel.
  • I'm thinking of adding a limited edition cellowrapped boxed copy (Victor will be happy :D ), which includes numbered DVDs, the CD soundtrack and a booklet manual insert. I'm thinking about adding this to the £100 tier, alongside the naming of an ancestor.
Does that sounds reasonable and at about the right level, or too expensive or too cheap? It's really hard to tell. Any and all opinions very welcome! (Still no promises -- thinking it through!)
Victor is very happy, Chris. :thumbup: :D

Of course, the added proviso of "still no promises -- thinking it through!" does give me pause for thought but I'm sure you'll do the right thing in the end. ;) :angel:
Post

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

#105
chrismdp wrote:Great - thanks for all the feedback.

Almost screwed up entirely with the Slack channel, just realised guest access is a monthly cost per person which means I cannot let all those people in (would cost me a fortune!) so I'll move it to a higher more limited tier.

Boxed copy is definitely going in, assuming we can find a good supplier tomorrow.
Oh wow, that is stupid. Damned slack.
Here's to hoping you can get a supplier.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron