Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

Postby JanB1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Silverware wrote:Only 35? :D
We have an IRC member with 24k :V


:shock:

Are...are you sure...that the "k" isn't at the wrong position? Because... 24k hours would mean he had to play the game 2.75 years 24/7, and the game is from 2012. That means...he would have to have played ~13hours per day, each day, since release till today, the 29.03.2017... ;)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

Postby Silverware » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:48 pm

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:Only 35? :D
We have an IRC member with 24k :V


:shock:

Are...are you sure...that the "k" isn't at the wrong position? Because... 24k hours would mean he had to play the game 2.75 years 24/7, and the game is from 2012. That means...he would have to have played ~13hours per day, each day, since release till today, the 29.03.2017... ;)

Lexi did it. :V
I think she had it sitting there online overnight but still.


chrismdp wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:if its possible to just generate those religious and social constraints it would be even better.


Generated religious and social constraints is a really interesting idea. I haven't yet figured out how far to take the procedural generation - figuring that out will be part of the design process. I'll ponder how this might be layered in.

Take it as far as you can. While equipment might need to be manual, because of art assets and balance. World powers, names, religions, history... anything story related at all could be procedural.
ᕕ(ಠ‸ಠ)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

Postby JanB1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:Only 35? :D
We have an IRC member with 24k :V


:shock:

Are...are you sure...that the "k" isn't at the wrong position? Because... 24k hours would mean he had to play the game 2.75 years 24/7, and the game is from 2012. That means...he would have to have played ~13hours per day, each day, since release till today, the 29.03.2017... ;)

Lexi did it. :V
I think she had it sitting there online overnight but still.


Yeah, okay. AFK idling would explain that. :mrgreen:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader' dev)

Postby Flatfingers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Some worlds have magic being hereditary, in others magic is result of some environmental effect, in some its just completely random who has it. (Mages being their own race vs some magic using lands or magic inducing drugs vs magic inquisition searching for mages)

This is pretty close to the first game design-related article I wrote, way back in 1993. ;)

To to larger subject of "game mechanics for negotiating organizational position," it's something that's been on my mind for a while. In part, it's "why isn't diplomacy better in games?"; in part, it's from working on my own diplomacy game over the past year+; in part, it's from playing Reigns and CK2; and in part it's from playing Sol Trader and reading the first blurbs about EaldorLight and wondering how it will build on relationship management in Sol Trader. This should be interesting!
User avatar
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader' dev)

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Flatfingers wrote:This is pretty close to the first game design-related article I wrote, way back in 1993. ;)


yes, i read it :ghost:
User avatar
Cornflakes_91
Admiral
 
Posts: 9028
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 am
Location: Austria

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader' dev)

Postby Flatfingers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:This is pretty close to the first game design-related article I wrote, way back in 1993. ;)


yes, i read it :ghost:

Are you sure?

I mean, I could very easily link it several more times. Just to be sure....
User avatar
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader' dev)

Postby JanB1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:05 am

Flatfingers wrote:(...) I wrote, way back in 1993. ;) (...)


Now I feel really young... :shock:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Ealdorlight (from Sol Trader's dev)

Postby Flatfingers » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:48 pm

And yet, I'm not the eldest regular poster here. :D

Also, holy crud, you did not make my comment your sig.... :oops: (I am so embarrassed right now)
User avatar
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Previous

Return to Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests